19: Release

A billion mistakes probably I'm sorry!

Findlay - Your Sister

__________________

"Give me strength," I murmured as the two vampires continued to bicker about my well being. Really, there was only so much they could argue about and they'd been doing it for twenty minutes. All I'd suggested was what I'd already told Michael weeks ago when we were discussing what would happen when Christian released Florence: that I would go with him.

How else would Florence come out from her little hiding spot?

She didn't know Christian was here anyway and she wouldn't exactly reveal herself to Mike or any of the others. So me, poor innocent human me, would wander out into the woods of Belclarra with Christian - he'd follow but within the shadows - and boom. Knowing her she'd already be following me anyway. Then again I haven't seen the women since before I went to Alaska.

Well that was the plan. But why were the two of them bickering you ask? Well, Michael of course, was arguing that I shouldn't go. And Christian was arguing that I should. Christian feels it would be best I do go because she wouldn't come out voluntarily for Mike or Nate. Michael feels my presence whilst it happens is unnecessary and Christian would be putting me in danger for no reason.

It was almost sundown two days after Christian arrived. My finals were in less than a week and I'd been spending this wonderful boiling hot Saturday inside studying with Michael.

We'd long since made up sort of.

"I know I'm impulsive," I'd started the morning after our little fight. "I know I don't think things through and I just... Do. I can't blame you for wanting me to be safe, wanting to keep me out of harms way because even I can admit some of the stupid things I get up to with Kate and the rest are, for lack of a better word, ridiculous. So... I'm sorry for being so hard on you last night. I jumped the gun before you could explain yourself... Why are you smiling?"

He was smirking throughout my whole speech. He crawled from his side of the bed and sat in front of me. "I'm smiling because I love you. And I'm sorry as well."

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course I trust you. Will you do me a favour and think before you act?"

My eyes narrowed.

"Alright let me reword that. Will you consider my opinion if I say something isn't safe?"

"Fine. I'll consider it." I'd smiled and allowed him to kiss me.

And in truth I have considered his opinion.

But right now, whilst I watched his face begin to pulse and his eyes darken I think it's safe to say his opinion is void. "You're over-thinking, Mike." I mumbled, drawing a random shape with my finger into John's kitchen counter. It was getting late, Kate and Micah had grown bored with the argument ages ago and Amy was carefully waddling about the kitchen with her headphones on fixing herself dinner.

Michael stopped his side of the argument and turned to me with black holes for eyes. The veins around his neck and his darkened eyes had me clenching my hands by my sides to stop myself from smacking the crap out of him.

"I'm over thinking? Think of the state of mind that woman will be in after he's released her?"

"I'll be with Christian." I stressed for the one hundredth time. "Look, we're taking a car up there. If you're that worried by all means join us. But she can't see you."

"Exactly." Katherine said at the archway. "She can't see you, Mike. Unfortunately, Florence is literally that unstable, there is no definite outcome of how this night will end. It'd be best to stick to how it's planned. I'll come with, I'll stay in the car with you and give you a play by play."