Chapter 34

Esme's P.O.V.

So I've been learning how to fight and kill off my own species for two hours now and come to find out I'm pretty good at it. Every time I'm up against someone I win every fight. Of course I'm not going around and yanking the heads off my family but I am getting them to that stage fairly easily. It's almost like my body has a mind of its own. It's pretty strange.

"Alright everyone lets take an hour break and rest up then get into the next group. You are all doing a great job and are learning pretty fast." Bella announces to us all.

We all break up and I head into the house to make some tea for the two humans to drink. As soon as I enter the house I can tell that I'm being followed by someone else. I turn around and see Bella standing there with a proud smile on her face.

"You know you don't have to learn how to fight. I know you don't like to see violence so I figured you knew that I wasn't making you fight out there." She says and walks up to me.

"Don't worry about me. I'm doing this for myself. My family has always protected me when it came to battles over the years and I just realized that I don't want to be someone that they are constantly worrying about. I want to be able to help them in situations like these." I say and wrap her in a hug.

"If it means anything to you, you are really good at it and have picked up the vampire fighting very fast. I'm really proud of you mom." She says and hugs me back.

I squeeze her and walk the rest of the way into the kitchen to get them some tea to drink and walk back out to her and hand it to her. She takes the glass thankfully and gulps it down in an instant. I head outside to Charlie and hand him his glass and then walk over to Carlisle.

"Hey darling how is it so far?" He asks me.

"It's going great. I'm picking up on it really fast and I'm the top person in my group how about you?" I ask.

We were separated when we were put into the groups. I wanted to go for vampires first and he wanted werewolves first.

"It's alittle different but I'll pick up on it soon." He says and wraps me in a hug.

I squeeze him and then let him go and head towards the woods and just stare out into it.

You will not hurt my family and I'll make sure of it.

Bella's P.O.V.

"Alright let's get back to work so we can end this day and relax with our mates." I say once our hour was up.

They all got up and went into their own groups and started training. I didn't train with them because I was watching and listening for any changes in the woods. I didn't want a surprise attack to happen to us and plus I already knew everything that I needed to know so I was good.

During our little break my mates stayed together and pretty much abandoned me. I can't blame them though because I was constantly checking on everyone's progress and making sure Esme was even comfortable with what she was doing so I didn't have time to talk to them. From what I've been told Esme is excelling in the training and could very well be the best fighter in the family which comes to a surprise. Esme doesn't like violence but I guess something snapped in her because she is now the one person that is ready and looking forward to training for this battle that is coming whenever they decide to show up. Of all of us Edward is the worst as of right now. I think that his problem is he depends too much on his gift that when his gift doesn't work or people figure it out he easily loses the fight. So I'm going to have to personally work with him.

Two hours later...

"Okay that's it everyone lets call it a day and relax for awhile. Edward will you stay behind for a second?" I say and ask Edward.