Debate

"Hello I Susan and I am here with my Alice Rich. Take it over Alice."
"We are here at the Nature School to watch a debate about sea otters between two students. One will be for and the other against. Shall we go in?"
"Yes, let's get started."
"Ah welcome Susan,"
"I didn't expect to see you here Alec."
"I am one of the judges," replied Alec. "Marisa is facing a rival student from the next city over."
"Oh that sounds exciting," stated Susan. "Doesn't it?"
"Of course it does," said Alice. "I wonder who the oponent will be."
"Alec it looks like has been a switch up," whispered Christian. "The other girl is out sick, but they sent her brother instead."
Marisa straightened up as the boy walked from into the room. He didn't seem very happy to be there. Marisa could tell he was nervous.
Marisa's POV
It looks as if he didn't want to come but someone forced him to. Could he be someone from the island?
James's POV
My mind was clouded by all those days at the camp.
A voice entered my head."You will win this or your friends will die because of you."

"James you're up," stated Alec
"Some people think sea otters are a menace because they eat too much in shellfish."
"Excuse me?" interjected Marisa. "There have been studies that show humans eat too much shellfish in places where sea otters don't even live."

"Great job Marisa," replied Matteo.
"I think I won by accident," stated Marisa. "Hey wait a sec where did he go?"
James had quietly left the building.
"Why did you do that?" asked Harris. "I sent you here to win that competition not lose it."
"If you had wanted to win it, you should have picked someone who knows what they're talking about. As far as I am concerned I did exactly what you asked."
"Not so fast James did you think I would let you off the hook so easily you disobeyed me and that means you belong to me. "
"That's not fair!" exclaimed James.
"Life isn't fair!" shouted Harris. "That girl escaped from the camp years ago. Now go get her and don't disobey me again. You'll regret it!"
Harris disappeared in a cloud of smoke. James picked up a rock and threw it in to the street.
"I am not doing anything him I would rather die than do his dirty work."
"Marisa are you positive this boy is from the Island camp?" inquired Alec.
"Why else would he give up like that and let me win? The other students never do that."
"You might want to take her point into consideration Alec," suggested Alice. "Do you have any proof you've seen this kid before?"
"Yes, I have his photo we're cousins," stated Marisa.
Meanwhile James walked into the woods still tossing stones.
"Hey watch where you're throwing," shouted a voice. "You could hurt someone, and by someone I mean me."
"Who said that?" asked James.
"Over here behind the shrubs young man."
James got closer and he saw a wild fox.
"You can talk," stuttered James.
"Of course he can talk that's all he ever does," chirped Mia.
"The question is can he stop talking," said Sparrow.
"I wish you stop playing pranks on your brother-in-law, Strawberry."
"Oh come it is fun, Cletus you understand it." He was looking up straight at the great owl.
"You better soften up because here comes Shadowfang."
"Who's that?"
"A white wolf," replied the Great Horned owl.
"I think I can handle myself. Hold young man can you understand us?" inquired Shadowfang.
"Yes, I don't know how, but yes I can."
Shadowfang came closer and started sniffing his clothes.
"What is she doing?"
"Checking you out," replied Strawberry that's what she did to all of us when we were much younger."
"What's all the fuss here?" shrieked a Great Gray.
"Shard thank goodness you're here," stated Shadowfang. "This boy needs our help."
"Let's me see you, young'un," hooted Shard. "I don't bite."
Shard flew down from the high branches.
"You're right Shadowfang. This boy is in big trouble. Harris threatened you?"
James nodded.
"Follow us then." stated Shadowfang. James followed the white wolf to a house away from everyone else.
"Wait here," spoke Shadowfang. A young girl came out onto the porch and started talking with the wolf. The gate opened, and Shard urged James to follow him in.
"I am Raveena," said the girl. "Come on inside and let's have a talk. "
"I don't deserve shelter," said James.
"Nonsense anything you did in that camp that was wrong can be redeemed. Now come on. No one else knows you're here and if someone does figure it out the animals will alert us."