Sea Otters Part 4

When a sea otter dives underwater, a constant stream of bubbles rises from its coat. Although these bubbles are essential for warmth, they may make it harder for an otter to get to the bottom to look for food.

A sea otter has two types of fur. There are the long, coarse strands called guard hairs. And there are the shorter finer hairs called underfur. When otters groom themselves, they are actually fluffing up their underfur to trap tiny air bubbles between each ahir. These bubbles make a shield that blocks out the cold water.
A sea otter uses its forepaws as clamps to press water out of its fur.
In addition to rubbing hard to get air next to its skin, and otter may blow into its thick coat. This traps even more air in the underfur.
Using its sharp claws as a comb, a sea otter will scratch and brush its fur to untangle and clean it. A grooming sea otter will roll, twist, and squirm to reach every inch of its fur.
Its coat is so loose on its body, an otter can pull it around to clean areas that are hard to reach.

Sea otters may look cute and cuddly but they don't good house pets since you may have to live the Ocean and they require constant cleaning.
Did you know an otter has four times the fur of German Shepherd?

A German Shepherd has only about 40,000 hairs per square inch, whereas a sea otter can have up to a million hairs per square inch!. If you tried to part a dog's fur with a comb, you would see its skin at the base
Sea otter fur is so thick and dense you wouldn't be able to move a comb through it. Parting a sea otter's fur with a comb is actually impossible. Sea otters need warmth year round so they don't shed their fur all at once instead they lose a few hairs at a time and grow a few new ones all year long.
That's like waking to four times the dog hair of a German Shepherd everyday. In fact the house would not look presentable to even next door neighbors.
When you see the otters in the wild yes they look cuddly but don't touch them even if they come up real close since sea otters are likely to snap. Petting a sea otter's fur coat with a bare hand could soil their fur and when they get back underwater they could be in danger of drowning.
So look, but leave no trace of human markings behind.
It is highly unlikely that you would spot a sea otter on a beach but if you spot one that's means there's something dreadfully wrong and it is best to call the wildlife experts from your nearest marine mammal hospital.