Twenty

Saving the Princess

Alexander's POV

I was busy reading important documents here in my office when Arianna went in. I'm in my company's office that's why.

Arianna has been my secretary for 5 years that's why she knew me too well.

It's not true that she's my date that night. We were just together since it's also a meeting with some potential investors for the company and I need her there to work with me.

I admit that I was jealous, the way Kailee and her bestfriend look at each other, how they comfortably talk with each other and how close they are.

I don't need to wish for anything because I have everything, but for the first time. I wished that I was on Palaez' place.

I wished that I met her first, I wish that her bright smile can only be seen by me, but then I realized that it's useless anyway.

I'm a man who can't love. Kailee's too young for me, she's a bright lady that deserves the world and a broken man like me can't give it to her.

So I did what I have to do even though I wasn't sure of her feelings.

Even though, I, wasn't sure of my feelings.

I told her to stop. Because that's the only way that I can think of for me stop drowning too.

"I know that you don't want to be disturbed while working but it seems urgent. It's from the mansion." Sabi nya at iniabot sa akin ang wireless phone.

I sigh guessing that it will be about Kailee again. Knowing how mischievous she can get when she gets bored in the mansion.

"Hello." I said and my brows automatically furrowed in confusion.

From the background I can hear people getting nervous and worried?

"Sir! Si ma'am!-hala, pano na to- si young lady po-"

"Can you please calm down and tell me clearly what you wanted to say?" Medyo naiirita ko ng sabi dahil hindi ko sila maintindihan.

"Nakidnap po si young lady!" Rinig kong boses ng natatarantang si Ms. Teressa.

"What???!"

I immediately stood up and grabbed my coat when I heard what she said.

"Inform our security team and the police and I want to see them there when I come!" Utos ko na agad naman nitong sinunod. Inihagis ko na lang basta kay Ari ang telepono na agad naman nyang nasalo.

"Cancel all my meeting Ari, tell them it's an emergency!"

"Sir--"

I didn't let her finish and went out immediately.

What the f*ck did you do again Kailee?

Inis na napapalo ako sa manibela ng sasakyan ng mastuck pa ako sa traffic.

Fuck.

Nang makakita ako ng open shortcut ay pinaharurot ko ang sasakyan at binilisan ang pagmamaneho. I didn't bother to stop when traffic enforcers noticed my speed.

I need to know what fucking happened. Sa dami ng security na nakabantay sa kanya ay bakit sya makikidnap?!

I didn't bother to park my car at basta na lang iniwang nakabukas saka dali-daling pumasok sa mansyon ng makarating ako.

Doon ko sila nakita na natataranta, Ms. Teressa seems to be talking to Kailee's father on the phone who's currently in abroad and I saw Mang Bert sitting while both of his hands on his head.