#35: Misunderstood...

* You're my Honeybunch, Sugarplum

Pumpy-umpy-umpkin, You're my Sweetie Pie

You're my Cuppycake, Gumdrop

Snoogums-Boogums, You're the Apple of my Eye

And I love you so and I want you to know

That I'll always be right here

And I love to sing sweet songs to you

Because you are so dear!*

I struggled to dig out my handphone from my bag when I heard it ring. Jaejoong glanced over at me in amusement when he heard the ringtone.

Jaejoong: Your ringtone is so cute... Is it a baby singing??? But how come it's not TVXQ's "Somebody to love" anymore??? Don't tell me TVXQ lost to a baby....

Kiki: It's a baby singing the Cuppycake song... I changed my ringtone to this when I'm in the office... Cos I don't want anyone to know that I know you guys...

I looked at the caller display, it was my team leader. I did a "shhh" sign to Jaejoong with my finger over my lips.

Kiki: Hello...

Team Leader: Hello... Kiki... Where are you? How come you're not in the office yet? There are loads of stuff for you to do today... We have locations to recee remember?

Kiki: Sorry... I was attacked by a drunkard earlier when I was going to the office, and I injured my ankle... I'm on my way to see a doctor now, I'll meet you guys at the locations later...

Jaejoong glanced at Kiki and shook his head violently, to indicate that she can't go to work in this state. Kiki did a "shh" sign back to him.

Team Leader: Oh gosh... Are you okay? Let us know if you're able to join us today... If not, we'll gather the information and pass them to you at your apartment later... And you can work from home... Since an injured ankle will take some time to heal...

Kiki: Thanks sir... Do apologize to the rest on my behalf... I'm so sorry for messing the schedule up...

Team Leader: No worries... Take care and let us know... Bye...

Kiki: Bye...

Once Kiki ended the call, and put down her phone, Jaejoong's voice burst into life.

Jaejoong: Honey, you're not serious about going back to work in this state are you?!!! You're injured and should be resting in bed...

I looked at him in a dilemma.

Kiki: Sweetie... I know you're worried about me... But the filming's going to start next month, and we have to settle the locations before things can get a move on... I don't wish to mess up the schedule, just because of my personal reasons...

Jaejoong: But...

Kiki: It's okay... my leader said I can rest for the day if the doctor says so... And they'll pass me the work at my apartment later and I can work from home...

Jaejoong shook his head in disagreement. But he knew that there was nothing that he could do to dissuade me from carrying on working.

Jaejoong's thoughts: She's such a workaholic... Even in this state, all she can think about is her team members and her work... Can't she think for herself at all... Doesn't she know that I don't want to see her suffering...