#48: Kissing in the rain...

I backed myself into the lift and collapsed down onto the floor.

Kiki's thoughts: Why did I have to see him like this before today's filming? I just wanted to block everything out for the day. All my feelings, all my sorrow, all my love... And be totally professional today... It's making things so hard for me now... I'm so confused...

The lift announced level one. I gathered myself up from the floor and took a deep breath before walking out into the bright sunlight. I put on my dark aviator shades and started walking to the metro station to take the train to the film location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour before filming starts...

The cast arrive on-set to prepare for make-up. Today's scene only involved Jaejoong and the female artist. So there were only two people I had to take charge of. Easy work. But for me, everytime I had to walk over to the cast holding area, I dreaded it like it was the last thing I ever wanted to do in the whole wide world. But I kept my front up and was very professional. I just didn't linger longer than necessary to give my instructions. And he too remained indifferent to me, and was all solemn and quiet, except nodding his head sometimes to show that he knew what I needed him to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Filming starts... Down comes the man-made rain...

I stood near the producer, but far enough to not see the monitor and the actual scene properly. I didn't want to see the actual thing happen on the monitor, or in the scene.

Director: CUT!!!

Producer: Kiki, hurry in with an umbrella and towel for Jaejoong!!!

I had missed out the fact that I had to rush in with an umbrella and towel for Jaejoong everytime the director called cut. So it wasn't much solace hiding where I was. I still had to face him now and then. And I made sure I looked at the floor or somewhere else when I was doing it.

Assistant Director: STANDBY!!! ROLL CAM... ACTION!!

I rushed out from the scene with the umbrella and towel, and hid back to my hiding spot.

The scene entailed Jaejoong standing in the rain outside the female artist's house, pleading with her to forgive what he had done before in the past to push him away from him, cos he knows now, after Micky shows interest in her, that he is actually in love with her. She would be touched by his actions and rush out with an umbrella. That is where he pulls her into his arms, hugs her, and then... They kiss...

We had already filmed the portions of the female artist inside the house, and now we were filming Jaejoong's parts outside in the rain. After about two hours, and almost 15 times of me running in and out with the umbrella and the towel, he manages to finish all the lines in the rain, before the female artist enters the scene.

My heart started to pound faster and faster once the female artist entered the scene. I stole a glance at the monitor. She was walking nearer and nearer towards Jaejoong. I closed my eyes.

Director: CUT!!!!

I opened my eyes and dashed in with the umbrellas and towels for Jaejoong and the female artist. I didn't know what had happened before the director called cut. But I hope the worst was already over.

Director: We need to re-take that shot, it was an NG. Jaejoong, you need to look more in love when you pull her into your arms. Right now, your expression is not good enough... Remember, you are supposed to be in love with her... Okay?