#12: Will I make it in time?

* It's time for love... Somebody to love...*

"Hello... Ning..."

"Kiki where are you now?"

"...erm... at home??? I just woke up... What's wrong?"

"WHAT!!!! AT HOME!!!!"

Ning's voice boomed through my handphone.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!!! IT'S TVXQ'S AUTOGRAPH SESSION TODAY AND YOU ARE STILL AT HOME!!!"

"What are you talking about? Isn't the autograph session later in the late afternoon at 4pm??"

"KIKI, WAKE UP!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT NOW??!!! LOOK AT THE TIME NOW!!!"

I reached lazily over to my alarm clock to take a glimpse at the time.

"OH MY GOSH!!! IT'S 3PM ALREADY!!! Why didn't my alarm clock ring???!!!" I screamed. I had set the time to wake up at 11am, as we had a long night the night before, so I took the day off to rest.

"YEEEESSSSSS! Hurry over now or you'll not make it in time! Don't you remember that they'll be leaving for Korea tonight?!!! Hurry!!"

"Okay, okay, I'm on my way now..."

I threw my mobile into my bag, and ran around the room madly, trying my best to get ready as fast as possible...

After 15 minutes of mad dashing around, I've finally managed to get everything ready as well as myself. I made a final check for my mobile and my album before dashing out of my house.

"Come on... come on.... where are all the cabs when you need them???"

I waved frantically at the cabs going pass, but none were empty. I took a glimpse at my watch. It was already 3.30pm. The autograph session was going to start at 4pm. Desperate, I tried calling for a cab.

"All our operators are busy at the moment. Please hold and we will attend to you shortly." Thank you for calling ABC Cabs." The pre-recorded operator's voice rang through my mobile.

"I can't believe this!!!"

I started running down the road, hoping to have better luck further up. I saw an empty cab driving towards my direction.

"Thank god."

I started running towards it, while frantically waving my hand.

The cab stopped.

Just a few metres before me, and I ran towards it. Just as I was reaching it, a guy came out of nowhere and hopped onto the cab. Furious, I ran up to the cab and banged on the window. The guy wound down the window.

"Excuse me, sir, what do you think you are doing? I hailed this cab first."

"Oh, is it? But I was standing further front of the road than you, so what makes you think the cab stopped for you?" The guy was indignant of my complaints.

"But... but... I was already running towards it..."

"Uncle, can we get going? I'm in a rush here." The guy said to the cabdriver, and started winding up the window.

"Hey... you... can't.... do... this..." I shouted, banging on the window as the cab started driving off.

"AHHHHHHHHHH"

My heel got stuck in the one of the crevices of the drain beside the road, and I tripped and fell. Onto the road.

I was furious.