#23: Everything

"I wished you wouldn't do this to yourself... You're making me regret everything from that day onwards... Maybe we shouldn't..." I thought to myself.

A drop of tear fell onto Jaejoong's face. He stirred in his drunken stupor, loosening his hands from my waist. I wiped away the tears from my face hurriedly, and pulled him up to a sitting position.

"What happened? How come we're here?" a half-sober Jaejoong asked when he woke up.

"Oh... you don't remember?"

Jaejoong shoke his head.

"*sigh* You were drunk, and you wandered out to the streets from the restaurant, and I had to follow you out to get you back, as the rest were all too drunk to do it..." I randomly made up something to tell him, as I did not want him to remember what had happened.

"Oh... I see..." Jaejoong shook his head as he was feeling dizzy from the alcohol.

"I'll go get you some tea first to clear your head..." I got up and ran towards the restaurant.

"Kiki!!!"

I turned back and shouted to him, "You just wait there... I'll be back in a minute...", and turned back to continue towards the restaurant.

Once inside the restaurant, I got a cup of hot tea and took it carefully back to Jaejoong.

"Be careful, it's very hot..." I said as I passed the cup to Jaejoong.

He took a small sip from the cup and placed it down beside him on the bench.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah..." He looked up at me, as I was still standing beside the bench.

When I noticed him looking at me, I looked away. He reached out his hand, wanting to pull me nearer to him. I stepped away.

"I think I'd better get back to the restaurant. They should probably be sober by now... We can't let them see both of us gone at the same time..."

I turned and started to walk back to the restaurant.

"I know we're in public now... But you don't have to be so cold to me... right?"

"I'm not..." I replied with my back facing him.

"Yes... you are..."

"No... I'm not..."

"Yes you are... You're not even looking at me when you're speaking to me..."

I bit my lip and turned around. He was standing behind me, and when I turned, I was facing him. I looked up at him.

"Are you angry with me? Was it something I did when I was drunk just now? If it's me, you can let me know... I'll apologize for my bad behaviour..."

I looked away. He took a step closer when he saw me look away. I took a step back when he advanced.

"It's something I did just now right? Won't you forgive me?"

He took another step forward and reached for me. I took another step back, avoiding his hand.

"It's not your fault. I just don't like to see people getting drunk... That's all... I'm going back now..."

I turned and started walking very fast towards the restaurant.

"KIKI!!!! WAIT!!!" I could hear Jaejoong shouting behind me.