#21: White Lies

"Hmm.... Smells good... what are you cooking?" Jaejoong slide his arms around my waist and hugged me, as I stood in front of the stove cooking away.

"Oh... Just some scrambled eggs and pancakes... I'm done, we can eat now..."

I switched off the stove fire and scooped the last pancake onto the plate. And turned to bring the plate over to the dining table. He loosened his hug as I turned and took a whiff from the plate as I turned to face him.

"Smells good..."

"Come on, let's go over and eat it while it's hot..."

I started walking over to the table, and placed the plate down. He followed me over and sat himself opposite me. I walked over to grab the toast from the toaster and plated them onto another plate, grabbed some jam, maple syrup and butter from the fridge and walked over to the table.

"Go ahead first... I need to get something else first..." I gestured for him to start first.

"It's okay... I'll wait for you to start..." He looked at me and smiled.

"Okay... I'll be just a minute..."

I rushed over to the stove and fished my half-boiled egg from the pot with a spoon, and scooped it into a bowl. Then I walked over to join him at the table.

"We can start now..." I said as I sat down.

I took the egg and cracked it, and Jaejoong watched in amazement as the half-boiled egg came flowing out into my bowl, and I added dark soy sauce and pepper to taste. Then I took a slice of toast and spread butter over it, and sprinkled sugar liberally all over the toast before dipping it into the egg, and taking a bite from it.

"Is that nice?"

I looked up at Jaejoong and wondered how come he was asking me such a weird question, then I realised that he had most likely not seen people eat half-boiled egg in this way before...

"Yeah it is... Usually we eat the toast with butter and kaya, which is a sort of jam made from eggs, sugar and coconut milk. But I don't really like kaya, so I use sugar instead. Cos jam is too sour, and it spoils the taste of the egg..."

I took another bite from the egg drenched toast. Jaejoong looked at me as I ate.

"You want to try some?"

His eyes widened with excitement, "Can I?"

"Of course... I thought you'll prefer something more continental... So I made pancakes and scrambled eggs for you... I didn't...."

He pulled my hand with the piece of toast over to his mouth and took a bite from the egg drenched toast, before I could say anything else. I looked at him in surprise as his face showed a feeling of satisfaction as he chewed on the toast.

"How is it?"

"It's NICE!!!" And he took another bite from my toast.

I smiled as he took bite after bite, helping himself to my toast, and shifting my hand up and down to dip the slice of toast into the egg, and up to his mouth. After a while, my slice of toast was totally devoured by him.

"Oops... I finished it..." He said covering his mouth embarrassingly.

"That's okay... I can eat the pancakes instead if you want to take mine..."

I reached over to try to take his plate. He grabbed the plate and stood up, and walked over to me, pulled the chair out next to me, and sat down.

"That's okay. We can share... Here..."