८հαρէεг 23

[ heello :)  2 more chapters left to this story..I think. ]

*Liam's POV*

"Zayn..." 

"No, I am going to do the talking. I just need you to listen, yeah?" Zayn interupted. I opened my mouth to object but Zayn's finger pressed against my lips before I could get a word out- he stepped forward and replaced his finger with his lips, kissing me softly. 

It wasn't exactly like anything I would expect from Zayn. Most of his kisses were just desperate and urgent- a gentle kiss was always rare to experience with Zayn. Therefore, in that moment, I couldn't help but kiss him back, losing my anger; and let his tongue lick over my bottom lip. 

"I missed you...and this" He whispered, finger brushing along my bottom lip before he took a step back.

He pulled his hands off me which almost caused me to whine out, because I liked the cold touch of his slim fingers rubbing against my arm but I held myself back. 

"Why?" I asked the first thing that came to me- I didn't know what that aimed at. Why was Zayn doing this? Why was Zayn here? Why did he need to talk to me? Why can't we just work out for once?

"I want you to give me chance...another chance. I want to fix this- us and everything" Zayn pleaded softly, with a hint of gentleness is his voice that I had never witnessed before. He was standing a few metres away from me, near the window. 

"Do you really want to be with me? Like be with me and not just be with me because you want to protect me or something?" I asked. "If we give this another try, I want you to be honest with me"

The long silence Zayn gave me was enough to tell me my answer- I didn't need telling twice. It was obvious to me that Zayn still wouldn't share anything with me; not about what's troubling him or about what he was. 

And just like before, he would eventually just push me away. 

"I think you should go- this isn't going to really change anything" I mumbled as I moved towards the door. What I desperately needed at the moment was a glass of cold water. Just as I was about to step out of my room, Zayn looks at me. 

"Wait" He ordered. He steadily walked over to me while I slumped against the back of my bedroom door; breathing rather heavy. 

"Zayn...your answer was very clear to me. I don't think there is anything else left for either of us to say" I explained, keeping a firm grip on his arm; any closer to me and I would certainly give into him. My self-control when it came to Zayn was nothing. 

"I don't know about you but I am not leaving until we sort this out and until I get to kiss you like I should" He whispered, a tiny smirk evident in his voice. 

"THERE IS NOTHING TO SORT OUT!" I yelled, forgetting that my parents were sleeping just down the hall. I was angry- all the anger from earlier resurfacing. I wanted to be Zayn- I liked him a fucking lot. Hell, maybe I even loved him. 

But we, together were a mess. In the past fews months, all we have done is fight; fight because Zayn refused to tell me the truth half of the time, fight because Zayn refused to let me in just because he couldn't have me get hurt. 

He can't always be the saviour. I needed to be there for- carry some of the weight of his shoulders. 

But Zayn couldn't understand that. 

"I love you" Zayn whispered. I hadn't realized that he had got that close to me. The hand I had curled around his arm had lost his grip and Zayn was pressed up against me with his chin on my shoulder and his warm breath blowing softly against my ear. 

"No you don't...you can't" I whispered, closing my eyes. 

I wasn't prepared for those words yet. I wasn't prepared to have Zayn's smooth, husky voice breath those words straight down my ear. No, I just wasn't. 

"I do, I love you and you know I do" He hissed, his hands trailing inside my plain blue tee. I bit my bottom lip in order to stop myself from making a noise. Zayn pulled away from my shoulder only to press his forehead against mine and fix his eyes on mine. 

It was as if a visible barrier between the two of us had been broken and I couldn't no longer resist Zayn- I needed to feel him, needed to know that he was here just for me. I needed to feel those words on my lips. 

My lips fell in place with Zayn's. I cupped the back of his head in my hand, pushing him as close as to me as possible while his hands wandered off under my t-shirt- the touch of his finger light yet furious. Using my spare hand, I clutched to his shoulder, holding him as tightly as I possible could. I was scared that he was going to disappear

I love you. 

"Say it again" I whimpered softly, lips just barely away from his. Our foreheads rested together and Zayn smiled, his grip on my hip becoming firm and tight. 

"I love you" He whispered. 

I breathed out as a grin tugged at my lips. 

"I love you, too" 

[ don't even ask me about this chapter...  I didn't plan for it to turn out like this...hope that wasn't too fluffly for some of you... I dunno. Hope that was okay. At least this time I didn't slip into third person half way through the chapter like last time. ]

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

:)

ily. x