Chapter 11 ♦ Choked ♦

Chapter 11

- Choked -

*Kaden's POV*

I was lost with eyes fixed on my deep blue bedspread when my attention was ripped out of thought as Amber's lips pressed against mine. I flinched slightly but not enough to break the kiss. I wanted to pull away but I couldn't move. I was so taken of guard all I could do was just remain frozen.

I liked Amber a lot - as a friend. She and I were getting closer with every day and I had nothing against her. She seemed understanding and very sweet. But she also acted as if she needed a friend, or someone more than a friend, and I knew that scared Echo. She hated it when Amber would hangout over here or talk to me at lunch alone, and I’m no expert but I have a feeling it was for this exact reason that Echo didn’t want us hanging out.

Part of me felt bad not loving Amber back I knew what it felt like to love someone who didn’t feel the same way and that was the last thing I wanted to put on Amber.  I turned my head slightly as if to pull away, and Amber backed off almost instantly. 

"I'm... I'm sorry," She said shaking her head, jumping off the bed and rushing for the door. I wanted to run after her, and tell her it was okay. I wanted to say it was nothing and we didn’t have to bring it up ever again. Honestly I wanted to tell her I liked it… But I needed to be with Echo now, before things got ugly.

I heard the front door shut, but not slam. She wasn't mad, but she seemed embarrassed or like she was mad at herself. I just really hoped that wouldn’t ruin our friendship.

Sinking lower and lower into a slouch, I picked up my phone off the nightstand. I hesitantly, lightly pressed my index finger against the 'messages' icon. 

The conversation between Echo and I came up immediately. Staring at the grey text filled bubbles I slowly began to read each word very carefully. 

            6:28 PM - Hey, you busy tonight?

      7:04 PM - You maybe wanna come over later and watch a movie or something I feel like me and you haven't hung out in a while.

      8:15 PM - Kaden...

I sighed and replied to her.

          -  Sure I would love to (: I'll be over there in a second.

Sitting up, I grabbed my black hoodie off the floor next to my bed and pulled it over my head. 

"Where you goin’ beautiful?" Alex asked as I stumbled out of my room.  I glanced up in the mirror that was hanging on the wall to see that my hair was an absolute mess. Ruffling it back into place so I didn’t look totally homeless, I looked back up at him. "Echo wants me to go over to her house for a little while."

He nodded and walked into his room with a plate of food. I had the door open and one foot outside when I was tackled by Ava who was hugging my leg. 

"Please don't leave us! We love you!" she cried looking up at me.

"I'm not leaving you," I laughed, pulling her up off my leg. "I'm gonna go see Echo and then I'll be back okay?" I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and set her back inside.