Chapter 34 - Thank you Brecken... -

Chapter 34 of MSL

~Amber's POV~

"Promise you'll come by for the rankings?" Kaden asked Echo for about the hundredth time.

"Yes she does." I groaned pulling him out the door.

"Yeah, I'll see you there." Echo smiled glancing at me winking quickly.

Nodding letting her know I had received her sign I dragged Kaden the rest of the way out the door and down to the sidewalk.

"Ya' know what? I'm proud of you two. You didn't do anything for my birthday. You didn't even sing to me at lunch or decorate you locker which I thought for sure you were going to." Kaden laughed.

"Yeah I know, I wanted to but Echo didn't want to make you mad." I sighed playing along like we had totally forgotten about his birthday.

"I wouldn't have gotten mad. I just didn't want to be a burden."

"Oh right." I laughed as he opened the school door for me.

Kaden thought me, Tyler, Echo, and him were getting together to watch movies and sleepover at Echo's house after the art show. But boy, was he in for a surprise.

"Thank you" I nodded walking inside.

I followed him into the art room to grab our painting and to go set it up in the lunchroom.

"Kaden, Amber. So glad to see you two here." The teacher said walking past us checking our names off her clipboard.

Kaden seemed a bit nervous looking around at all the other entries.

It wasn't required that you enter the contest. Just that you painted something for the contest. Which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but you got thirty extra credit points for entering and I felt pretty good about mine and Kaden's painting.

"Nervous?" I asked.

"A little. I mean there are a lot of really good entries. Maybe this wasn't a very good idea." he said a little on edge.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled. I couldn't figure out why he was so antsy but then again... I couldn't ever really figure out anything about him.

"Students? If I could have you attention I think we are about to start with this years fall art show." Mrs. Webster; our principal said over the loud speaker.

The art teacher walked up next. "The judges will be walking around taking down their scores, and asking some questions about your piece. The winners will be announced at the end. First place prize is two free tickets to Lagoon (If you don't know what Lagoon is, it's an amusement park) per person and their art will be hung in the main entry way for the rest of the year. Second place's art will be hung in the library and receive a $15 gift certificate to the Piggy Bank (best ice cream place ever), and third place's art will also be hung in the library and a $10 gift certificate to the Piggy Bank.

"The judges are making their way around the gym please be patient as they look at everyone's art and the winners will be announced around 6 o'clock." She finished turning off the mic and setting it down.

There were three judges. Two male one female. They were judging us on color and clarity, originality, and presentation.

Our colors went perfectly together, and I guess it was pretty original for a copy. If you asked me we had this one all wrapped up.

"That one looks tough." Kaden said pointing the the older male judge, who was looking at a girls comic book style painting just across the room.

"Yeah, but we got this." I said confidently.