Chapter 16 ♦ You Cant Understand Me ♦

Chapter 16

- You can't understand me –

"Please," I whispered with what little air I could still manage to receive. "I'll- I'll never do it again" I promised as if he was actually going to believe me this time.

 The room was going dark, shadows emerged from the corners as his hand pressed harder against my neck. I knew trying to run away wouldn’t work, I knew that I should have just stayed in my room. What was I thinking? Thinking I could actually get away from here?  

All I could do was look up, look up at the ceiling and wait for it to all turn black and disappear. Though there was slightly less pressure then when looking straight forward into his eyes, this didn’t help much.

My cheeks was heating up and tears were burning my eyes. "Please," I whispered one last time.

Finally after what felt like an eternity, my mom walked into my room. She pulled the trigger and his grip released from my neck.

Gravity yanked me to the floor; but I never really hit the floor.

I was just falling, and falling, and falling. 

Through blackness.

Just as I started to get comfortable with this feeling I was thrown against the rock solid concrete flooring of a garage. But I felt no pain. Sitting up, I examined my surroundings. Where was I?

All I could see where white walls, and that was it. There were no windows or no doors, so wherever I was. I was just stuck in this blank room of pure nothingness.

When suddenly my hands started to melt into a gooey glue like substance. Out of pure instinct I tried yanking them away but to no avail.

I felt something soft grip my hand which was now elbow deep in the floor. It tugged gently on my hand, and then it gripped my wrist and tugged with much more force pulling me deeper into the floor. I had not managed to get out of this grip but I had freed my other arm and was trying to wiggle free.

But this only angered the source, I was sucked into the ground and thrown into Echo's arms. Once I felt safe, I looked up at her to see my father staring back at me. So I just ran for the door in a desperate attempt to get away from him.

But before I could get far everything started shaking violently. I turned to look at the bedroom behind me to see that everything was still. Why was I shaking? What is going on?

"Kaden, Kaden," I heard someone that sounded like Echo calling after me. I slipped out of the door frame and started falling again. Only this time to be awakened by my body colliding with the floor.

"Kaden?" Echo asked as her head popped over the mattress to look at me on the floor.

All I could do was try to relax myself by breathing deeply.

"What happened?" She sighed crawling off the bed.

Then I couldn't help but just laugh, why I was laughing I had no idea. Relief that it was all just a dream? Maybe?

Echo caught my laugh and tugged on my arm trying to get me back on the bed. "You're insane"

I slipped under the covers and rested my forehead on hers, "How'd you know?"

'Because it's obvious?'  The voices snarled.

"Because only the best people are." She pressed her lips gently to my nose. "Now get up! It's already 1:30," she exclaimed jumping up from the covers and running to the bathroom.