Chapter 19 ♦ I'll Love You Forever ♦

Chapter 19

- I'll love you forever -

*Laura's POV*

            "Thank, you so much," I said for about the hundredth time to Claire, Autumn’s mother. Claire had volunteered to take the girls this year while I stayed and handed out candy for the both of us. This was a system we had worked out when Tyler and Brecken were boys and it had carried on ever since. 

"Now, Ava if Autumn’s mom tells me anything bad about you," opening my eyes wide for dramatic effect I got down close to her whispering in her ear, "Monsters only get bad little girls." 

She squealed out in laughter as I tickled up and down her sides causing me to smile. Releasing her I stood back up; "So be good" I warned raising an eyebrow at her. 

"Yes, momma, I'll be good" she nodded spinning around causing her Belle dress to flare out. 

"Good," I nodded firmly raising my chin, with that the two little girls rushed down the sidewalk with Claire to go out trick-or-treating. 

I had filled my glass Halloween bowl with Sour Patch Zombies and was ready for trick-or-treaters. Setting my black pointed hat on top of my head and fixed my green and black stripped tights.

No one was home but me, John was down the street with his friend fixing a motorcycle up for his son. Tyler and Kaden were at Lindsey's Halloween party and who knew when they would be coming home. Ava just left with Autumn, and Alex was in Monroe at a different party and more than likely wouldn’t be home. So I needed something to fill the silence and went to get my iPod from my room.

I got down the hall to my room and on my way back into the living room, I heard a muffled thud coming from Tyler’s room. The thud was followed but some muffed words that I could hardly understand but I knew it wasn’t good. “Kaden?” I asked pressing an ear to the closed door before walking in.  

The room was quiet, and stale. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Kaden laying in a blood soaked heap on the floor though. Overwhelmed with emotions I panicked trying to collect my thoughts. Rushing over and dropping to my knees hovering over him, I grabbed a random shirt off the floor wrapping it above the gash. 

His eyelids were heavy, like he would black out at any given moment.  

Yanking my phone from a pocket hidden in my long black dress I dialed 911. I could have taken him myself but I was too scared to risk anything. I knew he was losing blood fast and needed medical attention immediately.

Once the ambulance was on the way the woman on the phone told me to keep calm and keep him responsive. 

After talking to him with only two slowly blinking pupils in reply, the paramedics finally came bursting through the door. 

As they took his weak body from my arms I jumped up following them closely. 

I decided not to go with him in the ambulance so I could go gather up the rest of the gang to see what was going on with this whole situation. 

As I pulled up to chaos that was Lyndsey’s Halloween party I was hesitant to even get out of the car. Slowly opening the door, I saw the drunken raged party at it's peak. 

Scanning the crowd, my gaze finally stumbled upon a familiar mop of brown hair. Tapping is shoulder Tyler turned around looking up at me mortified. 

"Mom?" he whispered pulling me down to his height. "What the hell are you doing here?" I could tell by his reaction he was more than embarrassed to find me here and let’s just say I wasn’t any more thrilled to be here.