Chapter 14 ♦ Fight Or Flight ♦

Chapter 14

-Fight or Flight -

            “Echo!" I called out as she jumped from my arms and took off running down the street with Amber towards her house. 

She turned around and stuck her tongue out at me and that was all I got in reply. I still have no idea why she jumped up and ran away, but I knew those two would be bac very soon. So I sighed twisting on my heels in the gravel, to look at Tyler, "Wanna... go get a pizza and then go home and... eat the pizza?" he asked slurring at the end not sure how to finish that question.

"Sure why not?" I shook my head chuckling. 

"Cool, it’s just me and you kid," he yawned standing up. “Mom and dad left this morning for Salt Lake and for some reason they don’t trust us three to babysit so Ava’s at Brecken’s house with his little sister and Alex probably won’t be home so… we should have Amber and Echo come over and hang out on the couch.”

"You never know with that Alex kid though, he might throw some rager and kick us out of the house for something stupid," I laughed back. 

"You know that is very true." he nodded in agreement. "I'm just glad we are on the same page," he grinned.

When we got back to the house with the pizza, Echo and Amber were sitting on the front steps.  Echo sprang up and rushed over to us, pulling Tyler into a big tight hug. Glancing at me over his shoulder, she spit out her tongue once again. 

"What? What did I do to deserve this?" I asked sarcastically

“It seems as though Alex is throwing a party.” Amber exhaled pointing out the obvious.

“Only Alex could get a party started in two seconds.” Tyler sighed shaking his head in annoyance. He then wrapped one arm around Echo's shoulder and the other on Amber's. "Looks like we get to hang out with you two tonight."  

Echo let out a loud groan of pure disappointment and Amber perked up with “I think I'll just go home instead, but thanks for the offer.”

"Come on! We don’t suck that bad," Tyler defended us both, looking at Echo as she pulled away out from under his arm. I then shoved the pizza box into his stomach giving it to him to hold.

"I... we were gonna go home and watch Life as We Know It, and..." She sounded like she had run out of reasons why we would ruin their girls’ night so Amber jumped right in.

"And paint each other's toes and talk about boys and... make bracelets," she was trying so hard to keep her laughs help back, making it obvious she was lying.  "It’s just... you guys wouldn't have fun." 

I could tell the girls didn’t want us to come over but we had nowhere else to go so we were either going to follow them home or get them to just say yes. So I rubbed my hands up Echo’s sides and nestled my head into the crook of her neck and kissed it softly pleading with her.

"Oh my, okay fine!" she caved wiggling from my grip. 

When we got to Echo's house, we devoured the pizza like starving animals. And shortly after that, just as Echo had promised, we were sitting on the couch watching Life as We Know It. Echo was snuggled up under a blanket on my chest with our fingers interlocked and she kept making sure I wasn’t a sleep by poking my chest.

At around two in the morning, I really wanted my headphones and knew I would not be able to sleep tonight without some Awolnation and GroupLove. So while Echo was in her room changing into her sweats, I stood up looking down at Tyler who had Amber lying in his shoulder.