Chapter 32 - You hear voices? - <3

• Dedicated to You <3 For reading

Chapter 32

-Kadens POV-

"I'll just blame the voices" Echo smiled.

The voices?

How did she know?

Is it that obvious?

No.

She can't know. She didn't.

She was just messing with me right?

"What do you mean?" I asked trying my hardest to look her in the eyes.

She rolled onto her side and wrapped her arms around me. "What?"

"You mean... You hear voices?" I asked hoping for an answer this time. My eyes were fixed on the ceiling and I felt like I wasn't breathing.

"No- but I wish I did. Don't you think that would be like the most amazing excuse. All those damn schizophrenics can just say "The voices told me to do it" and it's a get out of jail free card." she huffed sitting up.

"Most the time it's not that easy" I shook my head.

"I know but still. I don't understand mental disorders. At all. Like how can people really believe that there is someone there or talking to them? It just doesn't make sense." she laughed.

I couldn't decide what was hurting more. The fact that she just flat out told me I was freak. Or knowing if she knew she would think I was a freak, and would pretend that it was ok... And that she still loved me.

Wow... Now I know this love is real, I thought sarcastically.

"It's not that we believe it. It's so real you can't ignore it. When you see a freaking little girl step up behind you in the mirror and turn around and she's not there, what are you supposed to do? Shrug it off? When you hear a crystal clear voices screaming at you that your not worth it and that you're completely messed up that all this shit called love is a lie. What would you do?" I said standing up.

I knew I had to get out of there before I screamed something I'll regret, or hit her for real.

"No wait!" she called after me scrabbling after me. "You said we? Like we people who suffer from metal disorders."

"No I didn't?" I shook my head.

"Yes. You did. Is there something your not telling me? Is that what's behind your eyes?" she was figuring it all out all too quickly. This isn't how I wanted to tell her. At all. Swinging open the door I slammed it in her face before she could follow me.

But of course she did.

So I did what any normal kid would have done. I started running. Like my life depended on it. Skidding around corners and slipping through the gravel when I car swerved past me.

Running like I used to from my dad when I was younger. Just running.

I was planning on stopping at my house but blew right past it.

I kind of liked this feeling. Of being alone. Or as alone as I could get.

I ran and ran and ran. For what felt like forever till I reached the towns limits and my last option was the saw dust pits. So I ran in there.

Standing in front of the old warehouse brought back painfully stabbing memories.

There were now 'No Trespassing' signs posted everywhere now but that didn't stop me and the very few people that dared still to go inside.

I turned away from the white abandon shed and and walked in the other direction.

"Well you made it clear to the saw dust pits. Not what?" I heard Echo's voice from behind me.