Chapter 39 - Why don't you understand?!? -

Chapter 39 of MSL

- Don't you understand?!? -

Stumbling over my own feet I tripped into the elevator and hit the button with a small four on it.

This was the longest elevator ride of my life.

I had to save Echo and that just wasn't happening. Tapping my foot impatiently and tapping on the walls like that was supposed to help me get there faster.

Echo could already be dead for all I know. What if my dad got her?

Holy hell why wont these doors just open?!?

When they finally parted I jumping into the hall and started running. I found our room and sliced the door with the key. I swung it open with as much force as I had. "Kaden?" Echo asked sitting up in the bed.

"Shhh!" I said quickly. Amber was standing by the TV and I knew she needed to get to her room and hide as well. So I grabbed her shoulders and pushed her out of the room. "Go to your room and hide. Get under the blankets, something. Just hide. He's coming." I said to her firmly before shutting the door.

"Kaden what the hell are you talking about?" Echo asked getting up out of bed.

"No! Get back in bed! Get under the covers! Don't you understand? He's coming Echo. He wants to take you from me. He wants to hurt us." I explain. But she wasn't listening. Why didn't she believe me?

Was I not speaking clear english?

"Kaden. Calm down please, you're starting to scare me. Just tell me what's going on." She said resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Echo I don't have time. They are coming. He is coming. They are all coming and they all want to take you away from me." I was becoming more and more frustrated with her. Why couldn't she just listen to me?

"Babe, please. Just tell me who is coming?"

"Please just get in bed. Get under the covers." I pleaded with her.

"Did you get in a fight?" She asked raising an eyeborw.

"No. I didn't. Now please. Just listen to me and do as I say." I sighed pushing her towards the bed.

She started testing me now. "Tell me who is coming."

"I can't! Just lay down! Please!" I was becoming more and more impatient with her.

"Kaden! You can! Just tell me so I know what is going on! You're really starting to freak me out. I just want to know what I'm hiding from?!?"

They had taken her over. I was too late. She was yelling at me just like they were. She was gone. I had lost her.

I watched as she slowly melted into the floor. I couldn't stop her form leaving. She just did.

"It's too late... You're already gone." I said looking at the floor. I was locked in a distance memory. A memory of the day I first met Echo. In FACS class.

Her smile was so sweet, her eyes so nice and interested. She was perfect. And the voices had taken her. Like they take everything.

I destroyed the most beautiful soul on this earth. I knew I should have never came to love her. I knew I would hurt her. And that's just what I did. I ruined her.

"Kaden?" I heard her say softly. "I'm right here babe. I just... What's- come on. Let's go get into bed."

I looked at her hand as it touched my forearm. And then followed it up to her face. I had brought her back... but how?

"Come one hun," She whispered tugging at my arm. "Let's go to bed."

She was listening. She chose to go with me. Not with them.

We climbed in bed and I was still nervous about losing her. Holing her tightly in my arms I heard her start to cry.

"Baby please don't cry." I begged.

I was quickly loosing control over my body and my upper body started twitching really bad.

"Kaden what's wrong?" She asked looking up at me.

Her cold blue eyes blinked slowly, they were filled with tears and I knew I had to tell her.

"Echo I love you."

"I know you do baby, I just wanna know what is going on... Why are you twitching... What are we hiding from... Why you are so scared of loosing me because you have to know by now Im not going anywhere-"

"Thats just it! Echo you don't know anything about me! You think you know me but you don't! I can't keep living a lie! I cant deal with lying to you and I cant tell you everything because I am scared shitless of-"

"Me?!? Is that it Kaden? Are you scared of me!?! God I can't deal with this, you are hiding something... something huge and you wont tell me! You cant keep huge secrets from me and expect me not to worry-"

"I'm not scared of you! I'm scared of being judged by you. And loosing you." I whispered cutting her off again.

"I love you too much to leave you."

"I just... I'm lost at how you can really love someone like me."

"What do you mean like you?" She asked.

I knew it. This was it. This is where I tell her, where I open up to her and pray to God she doesn't hate me. Where I tell her the whole truth and hide nothing.

"I don't see how you could love a damn schizophrenic like me!?!" I yelled.

"Wait... what?"

"Shh... They're coming."

THE ENNNNND