Chapter 37 - A night to forget? -

Chapter 37 of MSL

- A night to remember... or forget? -

It was finally here, Echo's birthday had finally arrived and I was more excited then ever. Tyler and Ember and me and Echo drove up to Salt lake in my truck and Brecken, Katie and Lyndsey in her car.

"Will you three please. Just. Tell me. Where we are going." Echo pleaded with us for about the two thousandth time.

"No, we won't. Still." Amber snickered.

"Baby..." Echo's arms wrapped around my neck and she placed a kiss on my cheek. "Please?"

"Echo, I'm not gonna tell you either." I laughed trying to drive straight with her arms around me.

"I love you guys too." She huffed surrendering to the fact that we weren't gonna tell her where we were taking her.

"This is kidnapping ya know." She said after only a few minutes of silence.

Tyler nodded. "Yeah, we know. You have told us that about forty million times."

Amber caved after a few hours. "Echo, we are going to Salt Lake." She said shaking her shoulders.

"I got that. But why?"

"Do you know anyone else that is going to Salt Lake on this very night?" Amber said trying to get her to figure it out on her own.

"Yeah, you guys and Brecken and Katie and-"

"Anyone you don't know personally?" Tyler laughed.

"Well... no? I'm not a stalker?" She was even more confused then ever now.

"Oh my god, I love you." I laughed wrapping my arm around her.

Echo was deep in thought the rest of the ride up there and Amber wasn't giving her any more clues. Tyler had fallen asleep on Amber's shoulder and Echo and I were playing twenty questions trying to figure out why we were taking a spontaneous trip up north.

"I give up!" She cried slumping down in her seat.

"Good, it's not worth your time." Amber said softly nudging Tyler as we took the Salt Lake exit.

We found our hotel and got all checked in. We still had about two hours before we needed to be at the venue. "Will you tell me now?" Echo begged as I slid the room key into the door and pushed it open.

"No, I won't but get ready cause we're going out. That's all I can say." I smiled as Amber walked in. I stepped across the hallway into Lyndsey, Brecken, and Katie's room. Everyone had gotten separate rooms for some unknown reason. "Hello neighbors." I said laying on the bed next to Katie. "And how is my purple haired best friend?"

"I'm doin' pretty good. Excited about tonight." She said with a sweet smile.

How this girl super sweet girl was dating the beast that is Brecken still had me totally lost but she was happy. Or in denial...

"How's Echo? Have you told her yet?" She asked pulling me out of my daze.

"She's fine, confused to say the least. But fine. So no we haven't told her yet, but she'll figure it out." I said with a sly smile.

"She's gonna freak." Lyndsey chimed in.

"Agreed." Tyler who was still half asleep nodded.

The five of us sat in there and talked for the next few hours while the girls got ready in the other room. Soon it was just me, Becken, and Tyler, all the girls had migrated to the other room.