Chapter 29 - You were clearly the favorite child - <3

Chapter 29

"Ow!" I sputtered as the black blade of Skylar's (Nicole's Friend) pocket knife wedged under one of my stitches.

"You have clearly been in more pain then this to have to have stitches over cutting yourself" he laughed.

"Don't be such a baby" Nicole said taking my hand in hers.

The knife popped up as the plastic lace snapped.

"Shit, that was fun" I shrugged as Skylar unstitched me.

"Oh don't worry we have six more to go" he smirked.

"My life" I laughed.

"Come on you had to get them out at some point." Nicole pointed out. "And Skylar is training to be a doctor"

"Really?" I asked.

"No" he nodded.

When all my stitches had been removed Nicole, Skylar, and I spent a good part of the night watching movies and talking about stupid stuff

Skylar left around midnight and Nicole's parents got home at about one in the morning.

"Honey I'm home" her dad called as he walked through the door.

"Hey dad! In the living room" Nicole called out.

"And your the famous Kaden" her mom smiled pulling me into a tight hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you honey. I'm Cindy and if you need anything just ask"

I smiled and nodded "Thank you"

"How was work?" Nicole said turning to her father.

"Well needless to say I do work at the happiest place on earth" he smiled sarcastically.

"The happiest place for everyone but the workers I'm assuming?" I asked.

"You would be correct."

"Well I don't know about you two but I am ready for bed" Cindy spoke up.

"Yeah me too" Nicole nodded. "Come on Kaden." she sighed gripping my wrist and pulling me with her to her room.

She made two beds on the floor so our heads were next to each other while I got ready for bed by putting on some basketball shorts and brushing my teeth.

We laid in silence for a moment when Nicole spoke up "So, I guess I better just get this over with and tell you what happened with me right"

"If you want"

"Ok... Here it goes... The night I went missing... Dad dragged me into his room... And he tried to rape me. But mom grabbed me and ran out of the house. She took me to grandmas house but she knew he would find me. So she stuck me in foster care. When she found someone to adopt me; Cindy and Michael you guys moved immediately and I never saw anyone again. I guess mom just told everyone that I ran away and died because she didn't want anyone to come looking for me. She wanted to keep me safe"

---Nicole's POV---

Kaden sat up as his head fell back in laughter "Wow..."

That's all he could say? Wow? "Do you even know how traumatic it is to be almost raped by your own father at five years old?" I spat. How could he just laugh?

"Do you know how traumatic is TO be raped by your father at seven years old? And then again by people you don't even know for money for another six years after that? No. You don't. Because you were clearly the favorite child because dad tried to hurt you and mom took you out of that house just as fast as he could pull out his belt. And I lived through 13 years of pure hell and she didn't bat an eye at my pain. But you." he shook his head. "You were clearly something else"