Chapter 18 ♦ Had to Tell ♦

Chapter 18

- Had to tell -

Laura had just finished signing the release forms, while I was sitting in the waiting room with Tyler and Ava.  Echo had left shortly after I had pissed her off by not telling her what she wanted to here.

Why can't she just patient like she was at one point. Why does she want to know everything so bad?

‘So she has a good reason to leave you.'

I tried my hardest to block them out as I followed Tyler, Ava, and Laura to the car.

I walked in the front door of my house when Tyler drug me to our room before I could even mutter “Hi” to Alex or anyone.

"Never Shout Never tickets went on sale today. We have to get five tickets before they sell out," he said as his fingers danced across the keys of his mom’s laptop. 

“Sell out? It's the first day?" I laughed.

“Mom! I need your debit card!" he yelled, ignoring my comment. "Yeah, and it's Never Shout Never, dude." he remarked, looking at me like I was an idiot.

Laura walked in with her purse and began to dig through it for her card. "Can I ask why?" 

“Concert tickets," I answered for him.

“Oh right, Echo's birthday," she nodded, handing him her card.

"Thank you," he nodded, ordering our tickets.

When we had the confirmation email, Tyler and I walked down to Amber's house to collect her contribution to this event, then down to Lindsey's. Only somehow we got roped into conversation about the Halloween party which was tomorrow.

“Kaden, you're coming right?" Lindsey asked me, leaning on my shoulder a little, “With Echo?”

"Yeah what is going on with the whole Echo thing?" Tyler asked looking up from his shoes.

I just shook my head and laughed in answer, "Yeah, you act like I have any clue myself?" and truth be told, I didn't.

I still had no idea why I said anything that I said to her. Why did the voices have to hate her so much? Why couldn't they just let me be happy for once?

"Wait what?" Lindsey asked, looking atTylerthen to me.

"Oh, you didn't hear?"  Tylerasked widening his eyes. "Little lover-boy here flipped out on Echo. And no one seems to knows why," he answered shaking his head slowly at me in wonder.

"Yeah, no one knows.” I smirked.

"Whatever, you two will make up and get married, and live happily ever after, we all know it," Lindsey joked shoving my shoulder.

She was right, Echo and I would be together forever. That is, if I could get the stupid voices stop standing in the way.

Maybe I should just tell her I’m schizophrenic. What harm could it really do?

'Well for starters, she could realize what a real freak you are and leave you. Which could make this worse. You would be stuck knowing the one person you thought loved you rejected you because of your sick problems and that would haunt you forever.'

“Okay, it's a bad idea!" I blurted out, not meaning for it to be out loud. 

Tyler and Lindsey shot me confused looks as the words escaped my lips.

These voices were really getting to me, I had to stop responding back to them. It was going to get me nowhere and make people even more suspicious. "Nothing, I'm going to talk to Echo now." I sighed twisting, in the gravel I made my way in the opposite direction to Echo's house.