Chapter 36 - The icing on the cake -

Chapter 36 of MSL

It had been about a month since I told Nicole about my schizophrenia and I still hadn't told Echo, shockingly enough...

I knew I had to tell her, but I just couldn't I mean I have tried, I really had. I just choked every time, or got hit in the head with ball, or tackled by Amber. It just really wasn't working out.

Christmas was just a week away and Laura's divorce was almost final. I was at a total loss of what to get Echo for Christmas and she wasn't helping with all the "Oh I don't want anything." "It's fine don't worry about me." "I only wanna be with you." "Christmas isn't about the gifts." I was about to go crazy.

"What are you getting Echo for Christmas?" Tyler asked sitting up from his bed.

"I really don't know... I'm so lost... She says she doesn't want anything but like that's gonna happen." I said tossing the last of the dirty laundry off the floor and into the hamper.

"Don't girls love shoes?" He asked grabbing his wallet from his nightstand.

"Oh my god! You're a genius!" I said grabbing mine as well, now I know what you're thinking. Shoes? Really... real original Kaden...

But I had a better idea.

"Mom!" Tyler yelled walking into the kitchen.

"Yes, Tyler?" Laura asked looking up from her laptop.

"Well, don't you look stunning." He complimented.

"Thank you?" She replied confused becuase she wasn't even ready, hair thrown in a messy bun and wearing sweatpants and a old t-shirt.

"You know your favorite sons girlfriend."

"Yes, I know Amber."

"Where is this going?"

"Well, your favorite son is about fifty dollars short for his girlfriends Christmas present."

"Oh, now I see." She nodded. "And I care because?"

"Because you love Amber, because she loves me and hopefully will stay with me long enough to marry me and get me out of the house and you grandchildren." He said quickly running out of breath.

"Oh, right." she nodded. "Do you really need fifty? Thats... a lot..."

"Okay, thirty. I have thirty Vans are like fifter right? And tax and all."

"Okay, I can give you thirty, but dont you dare think it's for free. You will defiantly be working this off." She nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks mom!" he called out as he ran back to his room to get the rest of the way dressed.

"Kaden, do you need money?" Laura asked looking at me holding a twenty dollar bill in her fingers.

"No, I should be good. But thank you anyways."

"No take it. You can get something for Ava." She smiled handing it to me.

Knowing I had enoug to buy everyone a present without Laura's money I took it anyways. "Thank you" I nodded.

"Let's go!" Tyler yelled walking out the door.

"Do you two want a ride? I'm going to Fresh Market." Laura asked grabbing her keys from her purse.

"Sure, thank you." I nodded.

The two of us made or way outside to see Tyler standing on the lawn waiting for me.

"Hop in the car I'll give you a ride." She smiled opening the driverside door.

"Okay, thanks." Tyler said climbing in the back seat.