My Brothers Bestfriend 6

Caleb was called home for dinner with his mom and dad and extended family not long after we'd spoken. The rest of the day passed slowly and when Sunday finally rolled around, I decided I'd better do some homework.

I basically forced Stefanie into coming over, and I stare at her as she lounges on one side of my bed, her eyes narrowed in anger. "I hate you,"

"No you don't," I laugh, throwing my math textbook at her. "Find the page!"

I called Stef earlier and told her I was having a wardrobe malfunction, but really, I lured her here to suffer in math equations with me. I went to the extent of snatching her car keys from her.

"You find the page," She throws the book back at me.

"I don't know the page number!" I scoff.

"Sixty nine," She smirks. "You find the page while I go and grab us a snack,"

"Oh, I want salt and vinegar chips!" I call after her.

I find the page with the section of questions we've been assigned and begin to copy down the first equation. I answer it before moving onto the next.

"Stefanie!" I eventually call out once I've completed three questions equipped with six equations in each of them. Fifteen minutes have passed and Stef still isn't back yet. "Did you die?"

"No," She breathes as she enters my room, her cheeks a little flushed. "But I did run into your bloody brother,"

"Is that why you're all hot and bothered?" I raise my eyebrow, a smirk falling onto my face.

"No!" She splutters, throwing the packet of chips at me. "Actually, we fought over that precious packet of chips,"

"You should have told him to get lost, they're mine anyway," I laugh. "But that doesn't explain why you're flushed,"

Stefanie stares at me, her cheeks going brighter. "He's hot, sheesh,"

"Whatever," I roll my eyes. "I don't want you to go away,"

"Stop whining, girl," She pokes her tongue out at me. "I offered for you to come. We could have stalked all the hot guys together, but no,"

"It's your fault I can't come," I shake my head, staring at her innocent face. "You said, and I quote, 'Come away with me and mum and dad to my Aunty's beach house, it's like heaven with the amount of sex on legs there', and you said it in front of Jake."

"Yeah, well, uh," She trails off, trying to find an excuse to somehow blame me for not being able to go. She throws her head back and groans. "Your brother might be hot but he's still a bloody douche,"

"I agree," I chuckle.

&~

After Stefanie left I spent Sunday evening thinking the night away about Caleb. He left before we had the chance to discuss anything too seriously and to be completely honest I have no idea whatsoever where we stand. And although he admitted he likes me too, I don't want to just assume that we're together or seeing each other.

Jacob is another problem that makes my head ache. Yes I've crushed on Caleb for years, and yes, now knowing he likes me back has made me happier than I've been in ages, but if something happens between Caleb and I, I don't know how we can possibly overcome the obstacle that is my brother.

I wonder how the weekend would have gone if Caleb hadn't been called home to spend time with his aunties and uncles and cousins. I wonder if we would have spoken about things, come to a decision, maybe he would have asked me out...

Monday couldn't have come quicker.

I sigh, deciding to finally leave the comfort of my warm bed and get ready for school. I head to my wardrobe and grab out a plain black long sleeved top and my old ripped blue jeans. It's a struggle to fit into the old jeans but eventually I manage it.