My Brothers Bestfriend 29

A few hours pass by and the time is spent chatting with Stefanie and the boys. I watch them all fuss and fight while playing Mario on the wii, trying hard not to succumb to sleep. I'm so tired.

"You alright?" Stef asks, bumping her shoulder against mine.

"Yeah," I smile, yawning. "But I think I have to ditch you guys. I'm falling asleep,"

"Go upstairs and rest," Jacob demands, not taking his eyes off the television.

"I think I will," I agree and throw the blanket off of me. I haven't stood up for ages, and when I do my my whole body protests.

Caleb's POV

My eyes stray from the screen to Kasey and I watch her flex her muscles as her bones crack. I smirk to myself as she yawns, wishing with my whole being that I could just throw this game in and follow her up the stairs.

Stefanie coughs quite obviously and I glance at her. "I'm gonna head off, guys," She feigns innocence. "I'll see you later,"

I roll my eyes to myself. It's so goddamn obvious to me that they're going about it behind everyone's backs. If you're going to sneak out of someone's house, you should check the outside surroundings too. Stefanie left their house two minutes after I did, but that only confirmed what I already suspected.

I've never seen Jacob act like this with anyone, he's really hung up on her. And I'm pissed that he hasn't confided in me about any of what's going on with her. Usually we tell each other everything.

Jacob's POV

I wonder if I notice that Caleb's focus is always on Kasey because it's obvious, or if it's just because I know now that they're dating. Either way it pisses me off.

He cares about her, like seriously cares about her, I can tell. I see it on his face, clear as day. And it's fucking gross.

But in a weird way, I'm also very grateful of him. I can see that he's there for her in ways that a brother can't be. I know that he's serious about her, and because of that, I know that he will always treat her with respect. Ultimately, even though he's my best mate, he's probably the only person that I'd happily let her date.

Which just fucking irks me more because he still hasn't told me for himself. And I won't let them know that I know until he or she or both of them tell me for themselves.

My gaze wanders and it lands on Stefanie. When she catches my eye she smirks, biting her lip. I watch as one of her eyebrows raise. Fuck, she's going to be the death of me. She's too fucking hot.

How many other boys are privy to receiving that look? How many other boys think about her the same way I do? My stomach jolts and I frown. I'm fucking jealous. I've never been jealous!

I grin back at her and she giggles before trying to pass it off as a cough.

"I'm gonna head off, guys," She says innocently and my smirk widens because she's anything but innocent. "I'll see you later,"

As she stands up she surreptitiously uses her head and gestures at the door. She wants me to follow her.

I bite my lip and consider it. Kasey's okay now, she's upstairs resting. And besides, Caleb is definitely itching to get up there and spend time with her.

I've come to care about them. Like, as a couple. Ew.

But what do I say to him? Where do I say I'm going?

"How do you feel about a small party tonight?" I ask Caleb, trying to sound casual. "I think I'm gonna go and grab some grog. You keen on coming for a trip?"