My Brothers Bestfriend 67

------KASEY'S P.O.V!------

I watched as my brother cut the ribbon, giving everyone access into his new restaurant. I looked around, grinning from ear to ear. Everyone was here; Dad, Stefanie, Caleb, Josh and Dayna, the boys from school, the couple that own the milk bar across the road, our next door neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Jordans, with their two sons, some girls from school, Mrs. Tailey from down our street, Mr. Walker our principal... There were heaps more, and some I didn't even know! I think the whole town's here!

I focused my attention back on Jacob, and he was now giving his speech that I'd been forced to listen to a billion times. I got up from my chair with a lot of effort and stumbled my way through the herds of people. It was pretty easy, seeing as they all moved to make room for me. It was really more embarrassing then anything.

I finally made my way to the alleyway and made my way down there. I couldn't breathe properly, and I just wanted some water. I'm praying that Jake left the back door to the place unlocked. I'll just bang until I'm let in, I guess.

It really, truly is dirty down here. It's disgusting and makes me feel sick! I'm definitely going to call the council or something! I continued my long walk through. Why is this alleyway so fucking long? I finally made it to the end and I turned the corner and found a back door with the sign 'Shop 12'. I opened it and was pissed that, yes, it was locked. I turned around, sighing.

Suddenly my breath hitched and my heart hammered. My hands both moved to my belly protectively as my eyes widened. "Kasey." Matthew said. "Stop." I didn't listen and began backing up, heading for the alleyway. "Please!" I said. "Please, don't do it! I'm pregnant! Can't you see?" I begged him, yet he still advanced on me. "STOP!" I yelled at him, but he continued walking towards me.

"KASEY! Stop and LISTEN to me! I'm not here to hurt you, I promise! Look, nothing in my hands!" He held up his hands to emphasize. "I just want to talk, please! You can stay where you are, and I won't move! Just... Just hear me out and I'll go, please!" I came to a halt, my breathing calming down, though of course I still kept my hands on my belly.

"What? You're not here to hurt me?" I asked, a little too shocked. He immediately shook his head. "No! I'm here to apologize... Because even though the damage is done, well I can't just. I can't," He looked torn, and I felt a stab at my heart for him. I know I shouldn't feel sorry for this prick, but...

I looked back up at him to see his eyes filled with tears. "Violence has always taken a big part of my life, Kasey." He muttered and I sighed. "I know it's only an excuse, but I can't help but think that maybe if it wasn't, then I wouldn't be the way I am." He paused and looked down at the ground, the tears finally falling from his eyes.

I subconsciously walked over to him, slowly and cautiously. I finally reached him and I put a hand on his shoulder. He looked up, beyond shocked. Heck, I was shocked too! But I ignored it and gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "But I am like this," He spat out and anger came through his eyes at me like a raging bull. I felt the urge to step back - just in case - but I didn't.

He looked down again and seemed to almost instantly calm down. "I'm getting help though. I have an anger management class in," He paused and looked at his watch. "Fifteenish minutes." I sighed and nodded my head. "Good," I whispered. His eyes flashed to my stomach and he said, "I always knew you'd end up with Caleb." I smiled and nodded my head. "You could have let me in on the knowledge, it would have saved me big time on all the wishing!" I tried to lighten the mood, but I'm really bad at jokes.

He gave a little chuckle before saying, "Sorry Kasey. Just so you know... That I'm sorry. For everything. Hopefully, maybe in time..." He trailed off and I shrugged. "Already forgiven." I told him with a grin. Even though I knew he shouldn't be, I just couldn't help it. It wasn't his fault he had a bad upbringing. I stepped forward and surprised him with a friendly hug. After a few seconds he accepted it and hugged me back.

Suddenly I was falling, and pain was shooting through my stomach. My hands instantly went to my belly as I let out a sharp yell. I couldn't help but let out another little one here and there as the pains worsened. And then it was over. I looked from my belly and slowly up at a shocked Matthew.

"Matt!" I cried. "Matthew, the baby is coming!"