My Brothers Bestfriend 7

I begin to feel self-conscious as we reach Jacob and Caleb's friends. More than usual, their eyes are trained on me, making my cheeks warm.

"What?" I snap at Kyle who hasn't bothered to hide his stare whatsoever.

"Nothing, just..." He makes a show of slowly looking me up and down, and then he grins. "Damn, you're hot! Where have you been hiding those legs?"

I stammer for a moment, lost for words, and to be honest, quite shocked with his bluntness. A few of the other guys standing around nod in agreement, laughing.

"Piss off, Kyle," Jacob grunts as he shoves his friend hard. He glares at the surrounding boys. "Look at anyone you want, but not my little fucking sister,"

"Jacob, ease up," Caleb chuckles, but I notice he looks slightly uneasy. "Your 'little sister' is all grown up now,"

I shake my head, completely disbelieving to how this morning with my brother's friends is turning out compared to the other usually boring times. Caleb glances down at my blushing cheeks and throws me an inconspicuous wink.

Jacob takes a threatening step towards Caleb, his eyes burning with anger. Caleb grins and then suddenly he's standing taller than he was a second ago as he matches the step. Caleb shakes his head. "We're boys, and your sister is a girl,"

Caleb's comment doesn't lessen Jake's anger, if anything, Jake's eyes narrow further as he releases a sharp breath. "I don't give a fuck if you're guys, I said not my sister," He snaps.

"Calm down," Caleb says slowly. "We were only messing about," He playfully shoves Jacob back and then punches his arm, play fighting. "Come on, fight me,"

Jacob's hostile demeanour settles, and he begins to block punches from Caleb. I laugh along with the rest of their friends as the two boys turn their play fight into a wrestling match on the hard ground. Shaking my head, I watch as Jacob knuckles the top of Caleb's head in amusement.

"Alright, alright," Caleb surrenders, his arms raising into the air. "I call for a truce!"

Jacob agrees, laughing. They stand from the dirty concrete and brush themselves down before shaking hands. I bite my lip, refraining from rolling my eyes. Boys are so weird.

Before any of us realises, we're surrounded by the schools' cheerleading team. Long haired, frilly socked, and giggling, Brooke Pearson, accompanied by her side-kick bitch Stacey, force their way through until they come to stand in front of Jake and Cal.

When Stacey sees me she sneers at me, flipper her hair before facing Caleb. "Caleb, baby," She giggles, bring her hand up to touch his cheek. "I've missed you!"

An enormous monster begins to rage inside my stomach, and it feels as though the thing is cutting me from the inside, twisting my limbs and doing spinning cartwheels all at once. I feel sick as I watch Stacey wrap her arms around Caleb, and I realise that a monster of pure jealousy has just been born inside of me.

"What do you want, Stacey?" Caleb asks, his voice devoid of any emotion. He lifts an eyebrow lazily before pushing her arms off of him. "Well?"

"What's the matter with you?" She whines, raising her arms to rest on his shoulders again. I watch as she bites her lip, moving closer to him until their chests are touching. "Do you want nurse Stacey to check you out?"

Her voice is a failed attempt at sultry, and the boys of my brother's group all begin to laugh, jeering at Caleb mockingly.

"Get lost, Stacey," Caleb's eyes flash for a split second and I realise that he's actually angry. "Don't you have a few boyfriends to tend to?"

A giggle escapes me and I quickly cover my mouth with my hand. Stacey hears it however, and both her and Brooke send me nasty daggers. I smile back at them pleasantly, happy to have this somewhat small victory over them that Caleb's comeback has given me.

Stacey suddenly smirks at me, and then the monster inside of me is going crazy as I watch Stacey lean up on her toes and force her mouth onto Caleb's. My mouth falls open as she embraces him, and even though logically, I know she's kissing him, and it's not him kissing her, I can't even begin to settle my insides.

I push past some of the people around me, noticing one is my brother. "Gotta get to class," I mutter at him, unsure and uncaring as to whether or not he hears me.

Caleb breaks away from her and pushes her back slightly, his hands shaking. I hear him tell her no, his tone nasty and his breathing shallow from anger, but it doesn't stop me from walking away.