My Brothers Bestfriend 15

When I wake up my head is heavy and my eyes are stinging. The back of my throat feels rough and I swallow to try and get rid of the feeling.

I remember stupidly leaving my room and even more stupidly, accepting a cup of water from Tyler. And I remember being drugged and Caleb hitting Tyler.

I groan and bring my hand up to my head, happy to find that my normal physical abilities have been recovered. I look around the room to find it empty. Where is Caleb?

"Caleb?" I croak, my voice sounding odd. I begin to panic when I think about all of the places he could have gone, including to find Tyler.

"Hey, I'm right here," His voice sounds from my ensuite and I sigh in relief when I see him exit from there. His face is full of worry. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore," I bite my lip. "And really thirsty,"

"Here," He comes and sits down beside me, pointing to my bedside table. There's a glass of water, a glass of orange juice and some painkillers. When I look at him with a raised eyebrow he awkwardly shrugs. "It's nearly four am, I've been waiting for you to come around for a while,"

"Damn," I mutter and drink the water down in one go. I take two tablets and swallow some juice. Caleb sits and watches me patiently. I close my eyes. "About something I think I may have said last night-"

"About Matthew?" He snaps, his eyes narrowing straight away. "Yeah, I remember,"

"I didn't know what was happening, I said the wrong thing," I mutter awkwardly. "In my head I formed a sentence but it was as though I was incapable of saying it properly,"

"Kasey don't talk shit," He growls, his jaw clenching. "You can't take back what you let slip. Let's just say he's fucking lucky he didn't show his face here tonight,"

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to tell you," I begin as I reach out and try to cover his hand with my small one.

"I don't understand why you didn't just tell me in the first place," Caleb shakes his head.

"Because I didn't want you doing anything stupid that could land you in serious trouble!" I snap, pulling my hand away from his. "And I was worried about your reaction, granted you seem to be taking it okay,"

"That's only because you're recovering from being drugged!" He says defensively. "Wait until I tell Jacob, between he and I, we'll be able to sort him out,"

"No Caleb, I don't want Jacob knowing!" I beg, moving closer to him. "He will go crazy, you know he will,"

"That's not a bad thing, Kasey!" He is getting angry and frustrated at me but he needs to understand that not all battles can be won with fists. He takes a deep breath before caressing my face. "Tell me exactly what happened. Word for word,"

I close my eyes and tell him about the incident that occurred in the science rooms. I can feel when he tenses, I can hear him clenching his teeth, and I can feel how angry my recount of what happened is making him. I can't help but cry as I go through the memory once again, this time aloud.

"And now he basically has semi-nude pictures of me," I whisper awkwardly.

"All of this was to hurt me?" Caleb shakes his head. "I don't get it, it doesn't make sense,"

"And maybe because he wanted me to agree to date him," I squeak.

"He's fucked!" Caleb exclaims as he goes straight for the door.

"Caleb!" I jump up to follow him. "You can't do anything right now, it's four in the morning!"

"I don't care about his fucking sleeping hours!" He snarls as he turns to face me. His eyes are dark and I can tell he's going to lose it. He takes a deep breath. "What's his address?"

"I won't tell you," I say in a small voice. "There's nothing good that can come from you going there at this hour, when his parents will be home and they could call the cops,"

"And where's any good in staying here?" He runs his hands through his hair in distress. "Watching you cry hurts me! I'm angry and I know I'm scaring you, I need to go and sort this shit out, Kasey,"

"You're not scaring me," I whisper quickly, moving in front of him and wrapping my arms around him. I stare up into his eyes and place my hand on his cheek. "The idea of you leaving me alone right now is what's scaring me,"

I tug him to my bed and pull him down. Finally, he sighs and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer into him. "The party's over, baby. He isn't here," His pet name makes me shiver. I turn my head slightly to look at him and he grins down at me. "A good few first dates, hey?"

A noise between a sob and a laugh escapes my mouth and I feel my eyes watering again. "God I just haven't stopped crying in the last forty eight hours,"

He leans down and kisses my left eye and then my right eye, and I swear I might just die from his sweetness. "No more crying," He whispers before finally pecking my lips. "Okay?"

"Okay," I agree and push my lips back up to his, opening my mouth and deepening the kiss. He moans when I bite down on his lip gently. "I think I'm falling for you too," I whisper in between our kissing.

"You're going to kill me," He groans, finally pulling away. "Come, sleep now,"

I don't know what tomorrow will entail but I allow myself to bask in happiness as Caleb holds me for now.