My Brothers Bestfriend 58

------JAKES P.O.V!------

We were all, deciding it would be good to get ready all together, running around the house and fussing about such and such things; Caleb trying to put his tie on, Kasey looking for her shoes, Stef trying to make her hair perfect, etc. It seemed that, tonight as we readied ourselves for mine and Caleb's graduation, everything that could go wrong, HAD. Kasey had earlier dropped her eyeliner and it had drawn a huge long line along the front of her dress as it fell. Josh hadn't remembered to buy a tie and Dayna's car had broken down. As for me? Well I had brought the wrong sized shoes.

I know what you're thinking... Wow, what a Friday the 13th situation! Well, it is Friday the 13th; shocking, I know. But as the time we had left to get ready stretched on, things had gotten relatively better. Kasey found another dress, I lent Josh a tie that, at least, matched his suit, I had gotten to the shop I brought my shoes at just in time before they closed to change them, and Dayna's car had decided to work after jump starting it; courtesy of a stranger. I now watched calmly from the table as I drank my water. Kasey had found her shoes behind the laundry door and was now helping Caleb tie his tie. Stef hadn't had as much luck on this particular Friday and had given up on her hair - though to me it looked perfectly beautiful, what with it's straightness from the top, to it's changing to long bouncy curls.

Suddenly dad came downstairs, snapping me out of my daze of Stef. He looked at me and slightly smiled, and I smiled back excitedly. I had forgiven my dad almost immediately, because with some pretty serious convincing from Kay, Stef and Cay, I realized that life is too short to hold grudges; my dad was misguided and tricked by the person I've been forced to refer to as my 'mother'. He loved her enough to lie to us, he loved her so much that he forgot about us, left us behind. But he has finally snapped out of his trance and realized that he didn't love my mother; he stopped loving her ten years ago.

I stood up and walked over to Stef, pulling her into a hug. "You look beyond beautiful," I murmured in her ear. "So, so, so much beyond beautiful." She sighed in content and kissed my cheek. "I love you, you know that, right?" I laughed as she said this, and to be honest, I think she was actually serious. "Of course I know, you jumped in front of a mad man, remember? And besides, you tell me every day." I grinned at her as she pulled away from our hug and looked into my eyes. "And I know you know I love you, silly." I kissed her nose and she laughed. "I know. Remind me how I got so lucky?" She asked me and I laughed now. "You? I'm the lucky one!" She rolled her eyes before kissing me slowly, then bringing in her tongue; but before we could so much as let our tongues dance together, "Ahem." interrupted us.

I pulled away and groaned, turning to my right. "Yes, Dayna? It better be worth interrupting our moment." I joked in a serious tone and she laughed as she rolled her eyes. "Well, depending on whether or not you'd actually like to graduate..." She trailed off as I looked at the clock. I was shocked to see with read 5:47pm. "Oh snap! I graduate it forty three minutes! We have to get going, come on." I said eagerly as I clutched onto Stefs hand and pulled her outside with me.

------CALEB'S P.O.V!------

The car ride to the school was filled by only the music playing on the stereo. It was a comfortable, happy silence. Everyone seemed to be so overly excited about Jake, Josh and I graduating, but to be honest, I wasn't really looking THAT much forward to it. I loved school, seeing the mates, annoying the teachers and knowing all the easy work... And the best part of it was being so close to Kasey all the time. But at least with her decision to take online classes, she would no longer be in danger. I mean, there's so much that could happen to her without Kale or I there... There's a lot of guys with knifes around these days.

We finally arrived, and as Marcus, Kasey and I got out of the car, Jake, Stef, Josh and Dayna got out of Jake's. We all then headed off towards the gym together, and I'm sure Josh and Jake were feeling what I was; happiness, nervousness, sadness, but again, mostly happiness. As we entered the building the three of us guys went off towards the back o the stage as the girls and Marcus went off and quietly took their seats. I spotted my mum and dad sitting in their seats before I made it backstage, and I waved at them with a huge grin before continuing on my way. As soon as we were backstage, we were grabbed and shoved towards the line of all the other seniors graduating. Taking two minutes to get into our alphabetical positions, we were all then set and ready.

Before we came out, our teachers took it in turns to talk to the audience about all of our eventful, and even some uneventful, times and all our experiences. It seemed about two hours later but was only indeed fifteen minutes when it was time for the principal to call our names out and for us to walk along the stage.

"Carla Attinsons! Congratulations!" He rambled on and on. "Peter Albury, good work!" I considered sitting down and waiting for my turn, but when the principal finally called Josh's name, I knew it was my shot soon. "Josh Amps!" I watched as Josh walked out and received his diploma, and our small crowd of followers went wild. Soon enough it was Jake's shot, and not before too long, mine. I walked out and grasped my principals hand before taking my certificate. I put a hand up in acknowledgment to the cheering - which was mostly coming from Kasey and my parents - and then stepped off stage. And then it finally, truly hit me; I graduated!

------KASEY'S P.O.V!------

I watched as Josh, Jacob and Caleb threw their hats up with the rest of the seniors. The crowd erupted and suddenly everyone was moving towards the stage. I got up, followed bye dad and Stef, and made my way to the front. I got threw all the people and started looking for any one of the guys. I suddenly realized that I lost dad and Stef amongst the crowd by I shrugged my shoulders and kept on searching.

Finally I found Caleb just as he was released by his parents and as if feeling me, he turned around and his eyes me mine. He smiled at me and I ran over to him. I jumped in his arms and as he spun me around in the little space we had, I laughed. He finally set me down and I immediately smiled at him. "Congratulations! You done it! You actually graduated, Cay!" He rolled his eyes before picking me up again and bringing me into a passionate kiss; this one definitely made up for the one we missed before!