My Brothers Bestfriend 50

------JACOBS P.O.V------

I helped Stef put away all her presents and birthday cards at her house as her mum baked us cookies. "You're mum is so cute... I wish my mum was like that." I said the last part bitterly, but Stef only laughed. She had gotton better over the past five weeks, and within them we had decided we were going to adopt a child. It was a big decision, but it's what we both wanted; especially Stef. Ever since she found out she couldn't conceive children, she had been eager for one.

We had also spoke about when, and we both thought we'd give it a year roughly, and in that time she'd be finished with school and i'd have my restaraunt set up and open for business. We'd made up our mind; we'd decide which sex closer to the date we adopt, which isn't yet set.

It's shockingly suprising how fast I've grown up over the past ten weeks. I never thought I'd be capable of all I've done; good and bad. And how thankful I am that Stef came into my life is beyond words. I sigh as I jump down on her double bed; yawning as I rest. Stef jumped down next to me and snuggled into my chest.

"Stef, what did you want to do for your birthday?" I kissed her forehead as she repositioned and looked up at me. She smile slightly and sighed. "Never have to move from right here!" She told me as she squeezed me in a hug. I laughed a little and then it was quiet again. "Lets go to an amusement park..." She said suddenly with a huge grin. "We haven't had fun in a while! Let's all go; You, Me, Kay, Caleb and Dayna... Josh too." She told me as she sat up.

Well some fun does sound good and man do I love amusement parks! I grinned back at her and agreed. "I'll call the lovebirds," I laughed as I got up to get my phone. "And I'll call the other two." She told me as she ran downstairs to get her phone. "It's only a matter of time!" I called after her and she laughed.

------CALEBS P.O.V!------

Kasey and I had spoken about our future all day today, our future which didn't have to be changed as much as we thought it would. Kasey says she's more then happy to drop out of school to care for the baby, but I really don't want that. She then said she'd take online courses, which is absoloutly a good idea. We're planning on moving out over break sometime, and getting an appartment near a college, that way I'll be able to do my courses and come home to Kace and the baby at the end of the day... And then there will be weekends and the occasional day I'll get off. And so we're all set.

Although I'm feeling a little guilty about Kace having to stay home and not be able to persu whichever career she was going to, I'm also reassurred about her saying that this is what she wants.

I was laying down with Kace on her bed as a though came to me. How are her parents going to react? I voiced my thoughts. "Kace... How are your oldies going to react?" She sighed as she said, "Honestly? I haven't even heard from them in about, five months. I don't even think they'll care, really." I felt a pang of sadness for Kace; unlike mine, her parents are never here. I'd rather have parents here then somewhere halfway over the world, even if they are bitches. My parents are okay... If taken with water and in small preportions.

Her phone suddenly went off and she asked me to grab it for me. I reached over to the side table next to me and got it for her. Tossing it at her, she read it and sighed. "What's up?" I asked immediately. "Stef and Jake have decided they want to go to an amusement park for Stefs birthday." She groaned as I slightly sighed. "There is no way you're going Kasey." I told her with seriousness. She rolled her eyes and told me, "Chill out, I'll come, but I'll just sit and relax... Maybe go on the merry-go-round or something. Okay?" She asked and I thought about it.

I guess it's okay if she rests and doesn't go near Jake, right? "Alright, fine. But stay away from Jake, okay? I don't really trust him; even if you've said you feel sick he'll drag you off somewhere..." I told her as I wondered. She laughed before saying, "Remember when we were kissing on my couch all those weeks ago?" She asked as she sat up on her knees. I thought back and laughed. "Another opportunity for me to protect you?" I raised my left eyebrow as she laughed. "Yup!" She pecked me before getting up and walking off to the bathroom.