My Brothers Bestfriend 57

------KASEYS P.O.V!------

After I said that, things actually became less awkward, believe it or not! Caleb had started to laugh straight after I spoke, which caused Jacob to smirk and Stef bite back a chuckle. I didn't know what to do, really... I wasn't trying to be funny, I was beyond serious! But... Even my dad started laughing after a minute? I had shook my head viciously and told them, "Yous are all sooo weird! This is serious! My mum is a slut!" I said exasperated. Dad muttered, "Really?" sarcastically as Jake rolled his eyes.

Suddenly Stef stood up and mumbled a small, "Exscuse me..." I watched as she silently left the room. "Me too..." Jake said, but Caleb stood up quickly and shook his head, "No. I'll go, you stay here and... Talk." And with that, Caleb was also gone. I looked at Jacob who had understanding in his eyes... I think Caleb was giving us the time our now broken up family needs. I looked over at my dad; his eyes were glazed with tears, and through them I could see his eyes held regret, and a lot at that. "Dad..." I started, but he held up his hand and shook his head.

I stoped talking and looked over at a now silent Jacob. He was looking right at me, but not intentionally, no doubt. He was just looking... His eyes empty. "I... I have a lot to apologize for." My dad said in his old voice, his real voice, the one he use to use when he was him; nice, caring and loving. Before my mum turned him into whatever he was for the past whatever years. I missed his voice...

I looked over at him and couldn't help the few tears that were now rolling down my cheeks. My dad was looking at Jacob, who was still looking at me. My dad turned his attention back to me, because really, I was the only one showing I was listening. "Kasey... I'm so, so, so, so very sorry. For everything. For missing all the birthdays, you too Jacob. For all the Christmases and Easters, the New Year Eves; everything in between..." I nodded my head and looked at Jacob, who now was also shedding tears. I looked in his eyes and I saw anger.

I shook my head indicating no to him, but he didn't listen. "I think you should know what has happened over the past, say, month? To Kasey. A lot. A lot of fucking shit, dad. Shit that you should have been here for, shit that should have never happened to Kay. Shit that should never happen to ANYONE! Even someone like my... Mum!" He spat out angrily. My dad flinched when he said that shit had happened, and there was no looking past the horror that showed so clearly on his torn face. "What, 'shit'?" My dad asked us as he looked from Jake, still looking at me, ack to me and so forth.

"Shit, dad! Shit!" He stood up from the table and grabbed his empty plate, smashing it against the same wall I had threw my cup at. "SHIT!" He yelled again. "Kasey..." He addressed me in a whisper, tears leaking down his face. I immediately stood up and went to him, pulling him into a hug. He cried into me, and I cried into him. My dad was silent, but I could see how desperate he was for answers as I looked over Jake's shoulder. "Sixteen..." Jake kept mummuring, and then just came out and said it. "Sixteen and stalked, almost raped... Neglected, threatened and even bullied occasionally... Pregnant. Why? Why does all the bad things happen to you?" He was hysterical in tears now, but all I could do was hold onto him and tell him everything was okay now.

After several minutes of silent crying, Jake finally calmed down enough and pulled away from the hug. He looked me dead on in the eyes, and as my own eyes looked back at me he told me seriously, "I love you. And I'm sorry... And, I... I'm just so sorry." He shook his head before kissing my forehead and walking off. "I love you..." He said again before walking up the stairs.

------CALEBS P.O.V!------

After walking up the stairs, I tryed looking nearly everywhere for Stefanie... Kasey's room, her bathroom, the bathroom that everyone shares, the spare room, and then Jake's room. Finally, I found her in his bathroom. "Stef?" I asked her unsurely as I walked up to her. I was never really good at comforting someone... Unless it was Kace.

"What's the matter, what's wrong?" I asked her as I put my arm around her. She looked up at me and I was suprised to see she had tears in her eyes, and what looked like dried up tear stains along both her cheeks. She turned into me and hugged me, and as I hugged her back I rubbed circles on her back. "Tell me..?" I practically begged her as I pulled her out the bathroom and back into Jakes room. We both sat on his bed as she poured her heart out. "Lucy... She's just... She made me realize something... She's right... I'm just, not good enough for him. I don't want him to have t-" I put my hand over her mouth and her eyes went huge.

"Enough." I growled and she immediately flinched. "Don't even go there, Stefanie." I said softer. "You're perfect, absoloutly positively perfect for him, and he loves you. Trust me, don't bring this onto anyone. Everyone knows, the world knows, yous are perfect for eachother. It's just meant to be." it told her while I hugged her and she continuesly nodded her head.

We were quiet for what felt like ages, and then suddenly we heard Jake yelling. I sighed and at the same time Stef let out a snob. I pulled her up more on the bed, and we just lye there as we listened to them. Then we heard a smash, and I had expected Stef to shudder or something, so I was therefor shocked when she didn't. I looked down and realized why... She was asleep. I sighed again and continued to hug her until it was all over, and really, I think as well as the comfort for her as she slept, I also needed some comfort myself.

Suddenly the door opened and a torn up Jacob came through, his hands clutching his hair and his eyes letting out a few tears. I pulled my hands gently out from underneath Stef and got out of the bed. Jake looked at me with a thank you. I nodded my head, and as I walked past him, I pulled him into a man hug. Once again though, I was shocked as he turned it into a normal hug. I hugged him back and said, "I love you, bro." He nodded his head and said, "Thank you so much, for everything... Me, Kasey and just now, thanks. I love you too, man." I nodded my head with a smirk, and said, "Now who's the gay one?" He chuckled and shook my hand before jumping into bed with Stef.

"What was wrong with her?" He asked me curiously, and I shugged my shoulders as I looked at her. "She didn't tell me. I think she just wanted to give you guys time." He nodded his head, but I could tell he didn't believe me. Oh well; it's Stef's choice whether or not she wants to tell him her silly little assumptions. I left the room and headed down the hall and into Kaseys room. I'll wait for her up here rather then walk downstairs into what is most likely a bomb waiting to happen.

------KASEYS P.O.V!------

After Jake had left the room I didn't know what to do. I turned around slowly to see my dad crouched over his knees, his head in his hands as his elbows rest on his thighs. He was crying, the sobbing was coming on faster and louder. I could also faintly here him mummuring, "My baby girl... So young; so beautiful. My baby."

I let out a sob before walking over to my dad and grabbing both his hands and bringing them up to cup my face. He looked up through his teary eyes and into mine. "I-I forgive yo-you daddy. I love you." I told him before he tore his hands away gently from my face and brought them around my waist, giving me a big bear hug. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap and rocked me, like he use to do when I had a nightmare. "I love you too, Kasey, I love you too."