My Brothers Bestfriend 4

The next morning I wake up to the feeling of Caleb's strong arms wrapped around me securely, and I'm caught between the urge to cry and the urge to smile.

My face remains blank as I turn over and bury my head into Caleb's naked chest. Who knows if I'll ever get the chance to do it again, I might as well enjoy his warmth and scent and comfort now.

Caleb begins to stir, and not too long afterwards he yawns. I feel him move his body as he stretches and I open my eyes, watching his muscles flex and tighten as he does.

"Good morning," He finally says, his voice thick with sleep.

"Hello," I whisper quietly, my voice a little too shaky despite my efforts to sound normal.

He's finished stretching now and I can feel his gaze as he stares at the side of my head.

So maybe just a short twenty four hours ago I thought that I'd be able I get over him if I tried really hard. But after last night, my feelings for Caleb are pulling on the muscles in my stomach and they're yanking on the strings of my heart and I can be certain my feelings are stronger now.

Does he even know what he's doing to me?

I feel tears form in my eyes for so many different reasons. I try to blink them away but they fall freely now, and so instead I rub at my eyes roughly, feeling so weak for crying in front of this boy in my bed.

"Hey, hey," Caleb says softly, pulling me into his warm chest. He hugs me tightly. "It's okay, sh, it's okay,"

We lie in my bed for ages, neither of us saying anything. And as much as the silence usually calms me, now it just leaves plenty of room for me to relive every moment from last night and to consider every little thing that's happened since. I'm left to think about the things that I'd rather not concentrate on.

And then Caleb suddenly breaks the silence, and at first I'm thankful, until he actually asks the question. "What happened?"

My heart rate increases as the details and events of last night replay through my head so vividly. I really liked Matthew, and I honestly thought he was a decent guy... A good guy.

"Um," I stumble over my words while trying to organize my thoughts. "Well, I guess all of it started because I caught him kissing Brooke in the laundry,"

"Right," He says, his voice hesitant. "And then?"

"And then I came up here, and he followed me to tell me it wasn't his fault," I begin to cry heavily, a sob wracking through my body. "He tried to blame it on the alcohol, and I told him to just leave. God, Caleb, I told him to get out so many times,"

Caleb pulls me closer into his chest, whispering words of comfort. And then he gently cups my chin with his hand and turns my head so that I'm looking into his eyes. I see the worry in them. "If he ever comes near you again, tell me. Don't wait, and don't even think about not telling me," He pauses for a moment, his eyes searching mine. "And if you can't find me, text me or call me because I'll never be too far away,"

"I'm really grateful for everything you did, Caleb, but I can't ask you to do anything more. You've helped me enough," I begin slowly. I appreciate everything Caleb did for me last night, more than he could possibly understand. But it isn't his responsibility to look out for me, it's not even Jacob's.

"Don't pull that shit," Caleb says, his voice angry. "I just told you if anything happens, call me! Okay?"

"Why?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"Because I'll kill him," The tone in Caleb's voice and the look in his eyes assures me that he's dead serious.

Before I can reply, Jacob's voice travels up the stairs, calling Caleb's name. Just by the sound of his voice I can already tell he drank way too much last night.