My Brothers Bestfriend 34

Caleb's POV

Jacob speeds through the streets, and I know he's sitting on at least fifteen over the limit. I glance at him to see he's still seething, his anger matching my own, and I silently send thanks to God that his anger isn't directed at me, or Kasey.

Not yet, anyway.

I mean, he surely knows about his sister and I now. If the way we've been acting lately didn't give him any hints, then what he walked in on a few minutes ago definitely forced the idea into his head.

He knows, and that's simply an inevitable fact.

But now I know for certain that I've been right all along with my assumptions of him and Stefanie messing around. Or dating. Or whatever the fuck they're doing.

I'm sure they're not just fucking around though. The way Stefanie looks at my best mate... She wants him. Like properly wants him.

And Jacob is completely infatuated with her. If he isn't careful, I think she could be the one to make him fall.

Hard.

A brief thought crosses my mind where I imagine that the way Jake and Stef look together could be how Kasey and I look together.

I hope so, because shit my mate and his girl are cute.

I feel tension begin to settle between Jacob and I as he takes a left turn onto the main road. The drive to Garden Ave., isn't a short one, so I decide to try and break the silence.

"How did you know-" I begin.

"I seen it," He spits out quickly, his voice rough with his anger.

I watch him silently for a moment as he continues to drive. Against his steering wheel, his knuckles turn white.

"Where did you see it?" I raise my eyebrow at him, remembering as clear as day that he left his mobile on the coffee table in the lounge room before rushing out the front door to catch up to Stefanie.

"On Stefanie's computer," He grunts out, his tone void of emotion, holding no shame or embarrassment.

And then I know for sure that he doesn't give a shit if I know about whatever it is he's doing with Stefanie.

But will he care if Kasey seen?

We turn down a street that will take us the short way to Matthew's street.

"So you and her are what, dating?" I suss casually, but instantly regret it as I realise I've just opened the floodgates to a conversation that I really fucking shouldn't have.

At least not right now, anyway.

"Yes," He answers finally, his eyes flashing with adoration, and I'm sure in that moment, his thoughts were of Stefanie. But then his eyes harden and he turns his head to look at me for the first time since getting in the car. He narrows his eyes at me, his mouth turning down with distaste. "So you and my little sister, hey?"

I blink at him in shock, no words leaving my mouth.

I mean I know I messed up by opening the door to this conversation, but I think a big part me didn't actually think he would say something to me.

Well, not when we're trapped in his car together with limited space. I mean, he can't hit me in a moving vehicle.

Can he?

Maybe he will smash me into a tree instead.

"Did you..." He begins but hesitates. I'm pulled from my thoughts and I glance back at him, aware that I've completely ignored his recent question.