My Brothers Bestfriend 11

I lay spread out on my bed in silence, letting my thoughts consume me.

I've decided that I made the wrong decision. I should have told Caleb, because he would have been able to sort it out. Who cares if a few fists were thrown? A few charges pressed? We could have dealt with the consequences, and at least I wouldn't have Matthew or his threat looming over my head. At least I'd still have Caleb.

But Caleb would be in trouble. He would have to deal with either the school's punishment or punishment by law. Or both. And how could I live with myself if I were the one to tarnish his school records as well as be at fault for giving him a police record? He'd never get into football like he's always wanted.

I've changed my mind again. I did make the right decision; I don't want Caleb involved in my mess with Matthew whatsoever.

But maybe I could tell Jacob. Maybe, if I said it the right way, I could leave the parts concerning Caleb out, or just tweak the details a little bit so that Jacob doesn't know or care who or why, only what.

But I know that's not really plausible either; Jacob would react worse than Caleb, and I don't want Jake in trouble any more than I do Caleb.

I really am on my own with this. At least until Stefanie gets back, anyway.

It feels like ages ago since Stefanie left for her holiday house; what wouldn't I do for time to quicken and bring her home to me? Even now she'd save me from my own house party, but without her, I'm royally screwed.

There's no doubt Dayna will be busy, tonight is gym night. And all of the other girls who I'm mildly friends with will be downstairs in my living room, partying, so really, I'm stuck here.

My eyes won't bloody stop leaking! My emotions are my own, so why can't I control them? I stand up and shimmy out of my top, throwing it into my wash basket.

There's a sharp knock on my door before it bangs open. I let out a squeal as I turn too quickly, nearly tripping over my feet. I straighten up to see Caleb, his eyes blank yet wide as he realises my lack of clothing. On basic instinct, I try to wipe away my tears.

"Uh," He stutters, not breaking his gaze away from my chest. I don't bother covering myself as I shift from foot to foot awkwardly. Finally he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "Jacob wants to speak to you," He says emotionlessly.

I watch as he exits my room, my heart in overdrive and my tear ducts damn near ready to explode. I take a shaky breath before pulling something over me and following him out of the room.

Caleb's P.O.V

Jacob was on his way up to get Kasey but I offered. I used that as an excuse to see her. But what did I do that for? She made it quite obvious earlier that she doesn't want me, let alone want me around her.

I can't stop thinking of her breasts. I should have waited for her to answer my knock, but I was scared she'd ignore me or tell me to bug off if she knew it was me. And to walk in and see her topless with only her bra covering her? A big mistake, at least in my lower area.

But why was she crying? Why is she so upset? I wanted so badly to go over and comfort her. I can tell that she's been crying heaps and that she hasn't stopped, but why? She ended it with me, whatever it was. So why does she have a right to mope around? It's not her feelings that have been carelessly thrown away.

I'd prefer her reason for ending what we were doing to be simply because she doesn't have feelings, rather than something like her not trusting me. Does this all fall back to me being a player? I know that I've slept around and that I've used more than a few girls, but I could change. I would change for her. Is she scared I can't commit? Worried that she's not enough?

No. I don't want to reignite hopes that she still wants me. Look at her, and then look at me. She's way too good for me, anyway. I just need to forget her. So sure, I'll stay sober like Jacob asked of me, but tonight I plan to forget all about Kasey Bishop.