Everlasting (Book 2: I'm Yours)

Chapter 1: Together

My foot brushed against the leaves as I walked towards the house.

My house.

An uneasy feeling was in the pit of my stomach. What would my parents think? Did they assume I was dead? And if they did, had they already gotten over it?

My eyes followed the hand holding tightly onto mine. Darin. My soul mate. But more than that. We both agreed that even if we weren't soul mates that we would still be in love. What would they think of him?

He met my gaze and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. But we both stayed quiet.

My hand rose up slowly to knock on the door when Darin stopped it. He turned me around to face him and he locked eyes with me. Studying my eyes carefully.

"Together?" He asked, his green eyes searching mine. That's the one word that made me breathless. Of course we would do this together.

We always have.

"Together." I breathed, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A deep sadness is in the air once I turn the door's knob. I take in a deep breath. It doesn't smell like home.

Suddenly, a deep booming voice echos off the walls. I start to run in the living room to my father but Darin grabs my arm and pulls me back gently. My eyes are pleading with him to let go. He shakes his head. "Wait..." He mouths. Trying my best not to let out a huff of furstration, I just nod and listen carefully.

"N-no. I just know if she ever comes home..." He lets the sentence drag for a second and I think he's shaking his head. "She's going straight to the police," He pauses and I know the person on the other line is talking. "She's not my daughter anymore."

I feel like I'm going to fall back, but Darin has me in his steady arms quick. The room spins around me and a thousand questions pop in my head. Why did he hate me? What did I do wrong? What is he thinking?

It has to be bad. He loves me, or did, I know he did. He never let me forget it. He was my role model. I depended completly on him.

And this was the first time he was letting me down.

My mouth opens and a little whimper escapes me. Darin quickly clamps his hand over my mouth. We stand very still.

"What the heck was that?" I heard him murmur. He seemed to forget it, though.

"She set a building on fire? Curse her. She's always been a trouble maker, but not this bad." He listened for a second and continues. "That stupid boy. He made Allison this way." He curses Darin under his breath. My dad has never, ever, used curse words before. What has changed him so much?

Darin goes completely rigid. His hand falls from my lips and I turn quickly towards him.

His eyes are so sad, it kills me. "No, Darin, no." I whisper so quietly, no human would hear me.

"Okay, I understand," My dad paused, listening. "Allison and that boy escaped the buliding?" The person talks more. Dad actually screams when the person is done. He curses and curses. "How did they get out, Marianne? How?"

Tears fall down and I know they won't stop. In one swift move, Darin has me in his arms and down the street without making a sound.

He doesn't let me go or stop running. And I don't stop crying.

My own dad wants me dead.

Writer's Comment: Whatcha think? ehehehehehe!!

Okay, why do you think her dad hates her so much? PLEASE PLEASE comment below, I won't upload next chap in till I have 1 comment at least:)

Love you guys! Hope u like the 2nd book!

-Bridget