Unfinished Business - Chapter 28

A/N: Two more chapters! These chapters will be shorter because the chapters in book two will be long.

"How did you get in my house?" Carter asked, he was unusually calm. He had his arms folded over his chest and a straight face. I could tell he wanted to kill this bitch for even letting our daughter see a gun. 

"That doesn't matter Carter," Breanna responded. Her back was facing the stairs, where I was standing. I wanted to move so badly and beat the dog shit out of this bitch, but I was frozen. I didn't want her to shoot Carter, especially not in front of our daughter.

"I'm just here to get my daughter back. And neither you, or Lanay, is gonna stop me from taking her." she responded in a dark tone.

"She doesn't wanna be with you!" Carter barked, making her jump back a little bit and become mute. "You ain't a real fuckin' mom! All you did was give her a place to live. But then again, that ain't even count because she was with us the whole dam time. You ain't raise her, I did! She's happier here with us."

"Us," she repeated, gripping the gun making me nervous. "It should've been me, Carter. I should be the one living here, having your babies, wearing a ring, making love to you every night, waking up to you every morning.. that should've been me. Why wasn't it me?" she asked, with her voice cracking.

"Because I don't love you. I love and I'm in love with my wife." he answered simply. 

"Fuck her!" she yelled. I got tired of waiting and listening and I just ran down the stairs and punched her in her temple from behind. Without a sound from her lips, she hit our cold marble floors with a thud as the gun slid across the living room out of her hand.

"Daddy! Mommy!" Camille yelled, running into our arms, letting fresh tears run down her face.

"Shh shh, it's okay baby. Daddy's here, okay?" Carter comforted her while he held her litte body in his arms. Camille nodded and put her head in his chest, silently crying.

"Baby, take her upstairs." I told him, taking the ponytail holder off of my wrist and tying my hair up. I was tired of the bullshit, I wanted to choke this bitch out and make her drink bleach. Enough was enough.

"Nah Lanay, chill out. I want you to go upstairs with my kids and stay here until I come back." Carter said, rocking Camille in his arms before handing her over to me. I looked at him like he was crazy as he looked at me the same way.

"Where-"

"Go Lanay, now." he commanded as he pulled out his phone. Without a word being said, I took Camille upstairs and I tucked her in after she quickly fell asleep. Afterwards, I went into the boys' room to see that they were still sleeping while I heard the front door close. I smiled and shook my head, they were some true deep-sleepers. Just like Carter. I sat there in deep thought, staring at the twins, and thinking about Carter and if he was in his right state of mind after tonight's events

I just hoped my husband wasn't thinking about doing anything stupid.

Carter

I pressed my foot down on the gas pedal in anger, looking in my rearview mirror seeing Breanna in the backseat made me highly upset. She actually had the audacity to break into my house, try to kidnap my daughter, and hold a gun up to my face in front of Camille. Today was gon' be her last day breathing. As far as I was concerned, Lanay was the only woman who ever beared my children.

"KJ," I responded after my old employee answered his business phone. Even though I was out of the drug game, I still had connections and my traphouses in check. To them, I was still King Cash and they respected me as that.