His Queen, My King- Chapter 17

Carter and Camille stayed for a week since Carter said he had a surprise for me. Whatever it was, Carter's been really busy and quiet.

Carter was all in my ass today asking me to get dressed two hours earlier because we were having dinner at my granny's house with Ms.Janice and everyone else. This just better be the best dinner of the 21st century.

He and Camille had left early this morning leaving me by myself, with some company of the room service Carter ordered for me. This was one of the best hotels in Detroit and I was happy I was here.

I showered and looked for something to wear before I noticed three all white boxes at the foot of my freshly made bed. I tied my silk royal blue robe and walked to the bed and sat down opening them.

I pulled out an all white Vera Wang dress with a deep v-cut in the back with a slit down my thigh. I sat the dress on the bed gently before pulling out white and silver Vera Wang pumps with silver ankle cuffs. It was such a good thing that my tummy wasn't that huge.

I sat the heels by my feet and grabbed the last box, which was smaller than the others. I pulled out a silver diamond encrusted tennis bracelet and necklace that brought tears to my eyes. I looked at the inscriptions on the jewelry and they all came from Carter.

I danced around happily before putting cocoa butter on my skin and getting dressed. I curled my hair and did my makeup before putting on my new heels.

I stood up walking to the vanity putting my jewelry on and throwing my long hair in a high sleek ponytail.

I heard knocking so I knew Lamar was here to pick me up. I finished putting on my mascara and lipstick before I went to answer the door.

"Hey princess, you look gorgeous. " Lamar said hugging me.

"Thanks Mar Mar, where's Renee? " I wondered while getting my silver clutch.

"Maaan, " he started. "Her bipolar ass trippin' today." he said running his hand over his face sighing. I noticed he was wearing an all white polo button down shirt with white trues and all white Adidas. He had a diamond stud in his ear with a white and silver Givenchy watch.

"Aww, trouble in paradise. " I cooed kissing his cheek and closed the door behind us. We walked to the parking lot after signing a notice at the front desk of the hotel saying that no one was in the room at the time.

My phone started to ring and I answered it after getting it out of my silver crutch.

Baby with like 17 love emojis, showed up on my screen so I knew it was Carter.

"Hey baby, " I said happily into the phone walking to Lamar's rental Range Rover.

"Where are y'all?" he asked nervously.

"We're getting in the car right now boo." I said sensing his anxiousness. He replied with a simple "Okay, I love you." and he hung up. I looked at my phone with a raised eyebrow but decided not to say anything about it.

After putting myself in the car, we drove for what seemed like an hour to a beautiful field that was decorated in all white roses, lighting, and a beautifully decorated pathway leading to a table with all of our family and friends there. This was definitely not granny's house.

Lamar held out his arm and I looped my arm with his as we walked on the white, rose petal covered, marble pathway. Once everyone saw me, they damn near cried. I saw Carter with Camille in his lap, staring me in my eyes. My heart warmed and I couldn't help but smile, I knew this was all him.

I looked the table over and I saw my parents, my granny, Jazmine,  Andre,  Jamie, and Renee, Carter's sister Cally, Miss Janice, Jaz and Jamie's stepdad Mr.Jeff, and Carter's parents - Candice and Carter Sr. sitting and smiling like they knew something I didn't. They all looked so nice.

"Babygirl, you look.. incredible. " Carter said after I kissed him.

"Thank you baby, thank you for all of this." I said.

"I can't take all the credit, the family helped too. Even Jazz, Jamie, and Nee' picked out your outfit." he said smiling. I thanked everyone before some waiters brought out some lobster alfredo and individual drinks for all of us. Everyone else had wine other than me and Camille, who had water.

After we were done eating, laughing, and having the best time, Carter wanted to make an announcement. Everyone became mute and he stood up asking me to stand up with him. We walked to the marble pathway, everyone turning their attention on us.

"Lanay, I'm in love with you." he started, my eyes already watering.

"You are such a strong, beautiful, radiant woman and you're the only female I've ever felt this way about. I would've never imagined myself to come such a long way faithfully and whole heartedly. I know I put you through allot but you've stayed by my side. You even took Cammy in like she was your daughter, as well as mine. I know I will never find another woman like you, I don't wanna lose you." he said looking me in my teary eyes. I knew he meant everyword that he said and I felt so weak in the knees for him. I was in love with him.

I watched him get down on one knee and pull a small black box out. He opened the box, almost blinding me.

"Lanay Samoan Robinson, will you spend the rest of your life with me as my wife, bestfriend, and so much more?" he asked with watery eyes. I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I just shook my head rapidly and he slid the ring on my finger, making everyone clap and cheer.

I hugged him and he held me tightly while I cried into his chest.

"Noooo, mommy don't cry!" Camille said crying because she saw me crying.

"Aww baby, mommy's happy, these are happy tears." I said wiping her tears away while she wiped away mine.

She hugged her daddy's leg enthusiastically and he picked her up kissing her all over her face.

"Awww,  my babies are growing up! " all the mothers exclaimed at the table making us all laugh. Mr.Jeff, my dad, and Lamar welcomed Carter to the family as Candice, Carter Sr and Cally welcomed me to the family as well -even though neither of us needed welcoming.

I never would've imagined this day. Someone I truly loved, loving me back. The feeling was indescribable. I would be happily spending the rest of my life with someone who made me feel like a Queen.

My lover, confidant, my bestfriend,  my partner in crime, my headache, my baby, the father of my children, my soulmate, my fiancee, my everything.

My King, Carter.