Lunch Break - Chapter 4

I walked to my car after coming from my new job as a receptionist of a local law firm, and I saw two girls by a car beside mine- staring me all the way down. I flashed them a fake smile as I continued to walk towards my car. The only thing on my mind that day was Lamar, some food, and Carter to be honest. Sprung as hell. 

I unlocked my car, but I still felt their eyes on me. I recognized one of them; she was the ole meatloaf looking ass hoe that I knocked out at Lamar's party. Ugh... and the drama begins.

"How may I help you ladies?" I asked them with a smirk on my face and open arms.

"Bitch don't play dumb. You think you was gone get away with that shit?!" She asked in her hyper ass voice she apparently always used. They were dressed in sweatpants, sneakers, wife beaters, and their matted up hair was in ponytails revealing their tracks.

"Please, yo ass is all bark and no fuckin' bite." I told her boldly with the smirk still on my face. I knew they were going to try and jump me because if it was one on one, I would've demolished these hoes. Little did they know, my bitch was pulling up on me so we could go to the nail salon anyway. They had perfect timing. 

The other girl looked me up and down with a mug on her face. I looked at her and fake smiled, she must've liked what she was looking at. I had on a teal blazer with rolled up sleeves, a white tight fitted v-neck shirt, some skinny jeans and white ankle boots, a silver watch with some fake cubans on, and my hair was in a bun on the top of my head.

"I'll beat you the fuck up!" Meatloaf claimed, still standing in the same spot. I waited for her to do something for about 10 seconds, but she stood there still running at the mouth. I put my bag down and decked her just for trying me. Her friend jumped in trying to kick me, but I dodged it making her slap me in my face.

I backed up a little bit and slapped the hoe as hard as I could before really going in. As if on cue, Jazmine pulled up, parked and ran out of her car. She yanked that yellow bitch by her hair, and went to town on her in two-point-five before she could hit me again. Meatloaf pushed me, and I punched her in her shit, making her stumble backwards and hold her mouth. 

"You done?!" She had me all the way fucked up. This was my first week at this law firm and she had me fighting in the parking lot across the street from it. I already had enough shit going on.

Jazmine pushed that other bitch away from her and they both started walking off together, talking shit like they wasn't busted up. I told Jaz why we had to fuck them up, and she was instantly irritated. "Fuck she followed you here?" She asked me. I really had no idea. She couldn't have been that pressed.

 "Now I really need my nails done." Jaz sucked her teeth. "My bad." I told her.

We walked inside the nail salon and signed our names on the clipboard at the front desk. "We're here to get refills." I said to the Asian lady at the front desk, smiling at her. She nodded and directed us to two stations with empty chairs right next to each other. 

Jazmine wore a long sleeved sheer cheetah button down, black tights with leather going down the sides, with black and gold gladiator sandals. Her hair was cut into a short bob that framed her face perfectly. She looked so pretty. Those bitches ain't even rough my bitch up. 

"Bitch you cut your hair off!" I said happily. She'd just left the salon and she told me she had a surprise. I had no idea that this was it.

"Yes, I'm so tired of long hair!" She admitted. I admired how bold she was and how confident she wore her shit. We picked our colors out and we got our nails done.After our nails were dried and looking every bit of pretty, we went to the front desk to pay. We walked out of the nail salon and we were off to go to the mall.

*

 "Jaz, I wish yo' ass would do somethin' crazy like that." I said laughing with Jazmine while we were walking out of the food court with our drinks. She was asking me about some sexual things she was thinking about trying with her man while we were eating, but she was going a little too out of my range. 

"Shit, as long as he's satisfied, I'm satisfied." She shrugged. We walked into a clothing store and we went to work picking out a few new outfits. We even got some things for Jamie and Renee just because. We haven't gone shopping together in so long, but we only had a few minutes left to get back to work. 

"Bitch, I'm tired. We get off lunch break soon so we got'ta go." I said to Jazmine out of breath.

"A'ight, let's hurry up and buy." She said in a stereotypical Asian accent as we rushed over to the register. The cashier started ringing up Jazmine's things and told her it was $218.10. Jazmine pulled her credit card out and payed for her things. I got up to the register and immediately pulled my card out, waiting for the cashier to tell me the total. The girl was slowly scanning my items as she and Jazmine boldly flirted back and forth. I playfully rolled my eyes at the two of them, but didn't intervene. 

I pulled my phone out and noticed a money transfer notification and a message from Carter: $500 for Enjoy yo day luv.  A smile instantly spread across my face, remembering that I told him we were going shopping today. This man was heaven sent- I was convinced. I kept the money on the app instead of depositing it straight into my bank though. I ain't really know if I wanted to keep the money or not, even though I'd probably be a fool not to. 

My card swiped with no problems and I told the cashier to have a blessed one. Jaz turned around to me as we were walking out of the store with a smile on her face, letting me know what she just did. "I got her number, bitch." 

"You gay as fuck," I told her, making the both of us laugh. She shrugged her shoulders and pranced through the parking lot. "I thought you was in a relationship?" 

"He ain't make shit official yet and I ain't 'bout to be waiting on no nigga." Her lip curled up as she turned around to watch where she was going. "She was too fine for me to not to get her number." I agreed wit her, then we hugged each other and departed. I thanked my sister as loud as I could from my car about helping me fuck those lame ass bitches up. She laughed and blew me a kiss before pulling out of the lot. 

I sat in the driver's seat and immediately texted my brother to see how he was doing. A wave of anxiety came across me as I thought about everything that happened in the last seventy two hours. Texas was beyond me already ready. Niggas really almost took my brother out, but at the end of the day I was grateful that he was still here and that we could move forward. I wouldn't know what I would do without him. He texted me back, letting me know he was okay and that he was resting for a long time. My parents were with him making sure he was okay, so I knew he was in good hands until I got back to him. 

Another wave of anxiety hit me as I looked at the notification from Carter again. I ain't know what to do with all this money. One thing I hated was people giving me things because I hated handouts. That's just how I was. But If I sent it back, I felt like he was gone send it right back to me. And I wasn't fin'na play tit for tat with anybody's money- that's disrespectful. 

You know I can't take this, right? I texted him. This man was... I didn't even know who or what he was. I couldn't understand why he was going so hard. Why was he so giving, and why did I kiss him already? Why did it feel so right? I couldn't understand what was happening at that point. 

You don't like gifts?  Carter replied a couple minutes later with a laughing emoji. The banner for his text went away and I directed my focus back on the GPS. I shook my head from side to side, trying to figure out what the hell I got myself into.