The Motion - Chapter 19

"Nay Nay," I heard Lamar say in my sleep. I was still in the hospital and my sons were sleeping again. It had to be about 10am, I had the twins a day ago.

"What?" I replied in a raspy, irritated voice. I could never get any sleep.

"Wake up." he said. I sucked my teeth and turned my body so I could face him. 

"What nigga?" I asked. He looked at me apologetically and blew out a deep breath. 

"Jamilla wants to see the twins." he said nonchalantly. I tilted my head in confusion and disbelief and I looked him in the face to see if he was serious.

"You fuckin' wit me, right?" I asked getting up slowly to go to the bathroom. When I got no reply from him, I stopped my movements and looked up at him.

"Why she wanna see my babies? She ain't family to me nomore." I said shaking my head staring at the ground. Lamar rubbed his hand over his waves before putting his hand back in his pocket.

"I don't know Nay." he said sitting down. Before I could get into my emotions again, I slowly walked to the bathroom ignoring the pain from in between my legs. 

"Hollup wait, why am I acting like this?" I asked myself in a hushtone. My frown quickly wiped away and a smile pulled at my lips. I realized how happy I was without Jamilla, Jamia, or their envious ways towards me.

After I finished handling myself, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and re-did my bun. I waddled/limped back onto the hospital bed and sat up.

"She can come see them." I said to Lamar who looked at me like I lost my mind.

"You alright?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm fine." I replied with a smile. He nodded and left the room to go retrieve Jamilla from the waiting room. Five minutes later, Lamar, Jamilla, and Eman came into the hospital room. My eyebrow damn near raised passed my hairline in confusion. 

"Uh, Lamar. I said Jamilla could see the babies, not Eman." I stated, rather bluntly. Ain't nobody ask him to come see my children.

"I know you may not wanna see me right now," Eman started, "..but I wanted to see my-"

"Your what? They have no relation to you so they aren't your anything." I stated. I was calm, it was no need for me to blow up everytime I see them. I'm too grown for that.

"So you don't consider them as my little cousins?" he asked. I scoffed and began to laugh.

"Your cousins? I don't even consider her as a cousin." I said referring to Jamilla.

"I am your cousin Lanay." Jamilla stated. I looked at her cross-eyed and I chuckled in disbelief. Now she wants to act like we're related?

"Really? Because cousins don't hurt each other. My cousins are supposed to be like my siblings. You? You ain't shit to me as of now. You're lucky I even let you see my children." I replied. She shook her head at me -as if I was out of line.

"You need to let the past go, Lanay." Jamilla said.

"Oh sweetheart, I have. But it just keeps getting thrown in my face." I said referring to Eman. "Its always a reminder of the past. I'm not heartbroken anymore. I just don't like him here, trying to make ammends. For what? You're with Jamilla, not me. You don't need to see me  -let alone my children -talk to me, try to make peace, apologize, nothing. I don't need that from you. I don't need closure from you, Eman. I'm happy with my life, my children, my fiancee'.. every aspect of it makes me happy. Without y'all and the bullshit that comes with you, I'm happy." I retorted.