Trying Again - Chapter 14

A/N: I fast forwarded because I'm lazy :)

Six Months Later

"You're having a boy!" My doctor told us, smiling at Carter and I while I layed down on the hospital bed getting my ultrasound. I looked over at Carter and smiled as he kissed me on my forehead holding my hand. Even though I was angry with him, I let him back in so he could create a bond with his child. We grew a lot closer in the last few months even though we weren't back together. He was adamant on catering to me with anything I needed, especially because I was closer to graduating from Cos school. 

"Thank you." I said, relieved. Carter and I hoped for a boy since we started talking again. I started to spend more time with Carter and Camille so she could bond with her sibling too. Plus, I just loved her to death.

"Yay, I'm having a little brother!" Camille squealed, jumping up and down.

"Congratulations. You're due on March 7th." The doctor said happily. 

"Yes! That's my brother's birthday, he's gonna be so happy," I said clapping as she wiped the jelly off of my growing tummy. "Thank you so much Doctor Sanders." I told her. She nodded her head smiling and she went to the copy room to print out the ultrasound, leaving us alone. 

"So, when do you wanna start shopping for the baby's room?" Carter asked me. We agreed to have our child's room in his house since he was more equipped for that, even though we knew the baby would be sleeping with either of us in her first year. 

"I don't know, right now I'm tired." I said before yawning. He nodded and we stared at each other a couple of seconds before the doctor came in and handed us the pictures. After we signed out of the hospital, we all walked out to his favorite car, his black Range Rover.

"Carter-"

"Let me guess, you want some food." He guessed accurately. I nodded and laughed while he opened the door to the passenger side after letting Camille in. 

After I seen how Carter treated me the past few months, the feeling that I tried to suppress for him came all the way back up to the surface. I couldn't fake it anymore, and I wanted my son to know what it was like to have a full family. 

As we were driving to a restaurant, 'Love You Long Time' by Jazmine Sullivan came on and I couldn't help but sing and turn up in my chair.

"Got a real good dude and he love me a lot and ain't no other man is gon' take his spot and I, I'm so happy you're mine. So I'm gone love you a long ti-i-ime." I sung the chorus before the beat dropped and I was doing my turnup dance. I sung every lyric and whipped my long ponytail around. My hair had grown so much because of my prenatal pills. It was damn near passed my ass- I wasn't cutting it either. ''Lemme love you a long ti-ime," I sung to Carter and Camille who were laughing at me. While I was singing the words, flashes of Carter was running through my head. Especially when I sung the chorus, it did something to me. I stopped singing when the song was over and I turned the radio down.

"You done turnin' up nah?" He asked, laughing at me being out of breath. 

"I'm never done turnin' up." I said doing my turn up dance again. We laughed before he pulled up to the restaurant. He let Camille and I out of the car and I grabbed both of their hands walking in. He looked down at me before smiling and he ordered our table for us. We got our menus and sat down at a booth facing across the table from each other. Camille climbed on my side while we did her little coloring activities together on her menu.

We all talked about nothing in particular, but we were cracking up loud as hell in the restaurant the whole time we were there. It felt like we were an actual family.