Joy and Pain - Chapter 27

A/N: Three more chapters until book 2! Excuse my mistakes.

"Why is she sick?" I heard Carter ask the doctor. My eyes were closed but I was wide awake, I just didn't wanna open my eyes and see that bright ass hospital light I hate. Though my nausea calmed down, my head was hurting like hell. 

"She isn't sick, actually." the female doctor answered him. "She's very healthy, and so is your baby." My eyes shot open at the word 'baby', even though the lights were bothering me.

"How many weeks is she?" Carter asked.

"Three weeks," she answered. "I'll be back with her prenatal vitamins and then she will be free to check out." the doctor said, leaving the room.

"We should've known. You were throwing up and you fainted when you were pregnant with the boys," Carter shook his head. I thought he was unhappy before he looked up at me, flashing his beautiful smile.

"So you're not mad?" I asked, making him look at me in shock.

"Why the hell would I be mad? I told you that you was gon' be shootin' out lil Carters when I married you nigga." he reminded me, making me laugh. He got up from his couch and sat on the bed next to me. He leaned down and kissed me on my forehead.

"You don't think it's too early though?" I asked, looking down at my fingers. He lifted my head up and kissed my lips. "I mean, you shoulda' known sooner or later that you was gon' be pregnant again. We waste no time." he chuckled, making me giggle.

"Yeah, you right. I want another little girl though. I know Camille wants a little sister." I smiled, thinking of how happy Camille was going to be when we told her that I was pregnant. 

"You're amazing, you know that?" Carter said out of the blue.

"Why'd you say that?" I asked. He would always say I was amazing, but I never knew why.

"You remember when Camille started calling you 'mommy' out of the blue and without hesitation, you called her your daughter? It was like, you already thought of her as your daughter. It's alot of females that wouldn't do that but you took her in like she was yours. Fuck Breanna, she wasn't no real mom." he stated. I smiled at the day Camille first called me mom. She did it without Carter's consent but he didn't say anything. He knew Camille was a smart girl and her definition of a mommy was a woman who takes care of her, loves her, and shows that she loves her through words and actions. I was so honored.

"That's my little princess. And as far as I'm concerned, I am her real mom. Breanna ain't do shit for her and Camille knew that." I shrugged, meaning what I said. Camille may not have been mine biologically, but she was mine and I loved her.

"See how amazing you are?" Carter said, kissing me on the lips again. I blushed and he began rubbing my stomach, laying down next to me.

"If it's a girl, I think her name should be Caniyah or Caliyah." I suggested, he nodded in agreement.

"And if its a lil' nigga, his name should be Caden." Carter suggested.

"Yesss, I love that name." I exaggerated, making him laugh.

"But I think you're having a boy."

"How you know?" I asked. This nigga always thought he knew something.

"Because when you were pregnant with the boys, you had the same symptoms in the same order." he shrugged.

"Well, how you know it's not gon' be a girl? I never gave birth to a girl. That might just be how I am when Im pregnant." I shrugged too.