Family Matters - Chapter 7

I pulled up to my parents' house anxiously. I just hoped they didn't notice my limp- it was bad. I hopped out of my car and closed the door to walk up to my parents' porch. It was a good thing they didn't have that many stairs.

I opened the door and was immediately greeted with hugs and kisses from my mother, father, and my cousin Jamia- ole ratchet ass. I loved her, but I knew she was messy just like her sister. Family or not, she would do me like I was a bitch on the street- but I kept it cordial. 

Jamia and Jamilla were identical twins. They were light skinned with short curly hair, big dark brown eyes, and they were both slim and tall. You all looked alike for real, but the blood ran thin between us.  

"Hey Nay Nay, where you been?" She asked me, all loud and hype.

"I've been around, how about you?" I asked her trying not to limp to the couch.

"I'm good but, what's up with that limp girl?" She asked me with her hands on her hips. I ignored her and started talking to my parents about Lamar's well-being and how my first week of school went. I was angry that I couldn't see him today because my parents, Jamia, and Lamar's best friend, Devaughn, went in and he couldn't have any more visitors.

After I was done talking to my parents, I walked into the kitchen with Jamia right behind me. "Now why you limpin'?" She asked me dead ass serious standing few feet away from my face.

"Why?" I asked her pouring me some orange juice. It was really none of her business.

"Because you look like you in pain." She said, looking at me concerned. "I just wan'na make sure you a'ight, no need for attitude."

I looked at her and rolled my eyes, putting the orange juice pitcher back in the fridge. I wasn't feeding into that bullshit. I leaned on the counter and sipped my orange juice nonchalantly looking at my phone.

''So... you with Cash now?" She asked me, almost making me choke on my juice. How the fuck she know? 

"Why is that any of your concern?" I asked after getting myself together.

"Why you actin' so fuckin' bougie Lanay? I'm just tryn'na see what's up with my cousin." She said getting louder than she needed to be.

"I'm not acting bougie. You questioning me about what I got going on?  You been wasn't talking to me, so don't talk to me now about something that doesn't involve you. You a messy chick and so is ya' sister. I don't trust ya' ass, family or not." I said to her sternly and she didn't say anything else.

She walked out of the kitchen with an attitude and I heard keys jingle, so I walked back into the living room to watch her leave. Mia looked at me with an attitude and rolled her eyes, saying goodbye to my parents while switching hard as hell to the door and slamming it behind her.

"Lanay, what did you say to her?" My mom asked me. I looked at her innocently.

"I didn't do anything mommy. She was just try'na be in my business. I don't like people in my business." I said simply while putting my head on my daddy's shoulder.

"Well what did she say to you?" My mom asked.

"She just said she didn't like people in her business Loraine, you're invading the girl's privacy." My dad said, jokingly defending me. She rolled her eyes, making my dad and I laugh.

"You spoil that girl so much Lawrence." Mommy told him.

"She's my baby girl, I got'ta spoil her just like I spoil you.'' My dad said walking towards the kitchen and stopping to kiss my mom on her forehead. I smiled at them, they were still in love after 25 years.

My mother and I looked as if we were sisters. She was 5'7'', tan skinned,  long dark hair, full-figured, those light brown Chinky eyes that Lamar and I inherited, pink pouty lips, and a killer smile. My mother was only in her late 40's, she had Lamar and I young.

My father on the other hand was 6'4, curly brown hair, light skinned, dark brown eyes, a boss demeanor, and a handsome smile. He was almost 50 as well but he sure didn't look like it.

I checked my phone, it was almost 2 o'clock but I didn't have anywhere special to go. No drama today either, it was a good day to spend some time with my parents.

Jamia

I walked to my blue corvette and got in mad as hell. Lanay didn't know who the fuck she was talkin' to or what was coming her way. I've never liked that bitch. Everything I had she took from me- including Eman. I was talking to him way before she even knew he existed. I had his number before her, and I saw him more than her but she still managed to snatch him from me. The whole 4 years they've been together, I've been trying my hardest to get him to notice me or break them up. They wouldn't budge until my sister had the nerve to fuck him. I was mad that I wasn't the one to break them up, but to see Lanay crying like that did me so good.

Since most of our family was in the Kallamore University Alumni, most of my cousins moved to Texas to attend. I didn't want to be like everybody else, but when I found out Lanay was coming, I found it easy to finish what I started years ago- my revenge. I even came here a year before she did. I wanted to see that dumb bitch suffer. I tried to be cordial with her so no one would suspect anything, but she was making it hard for me with her bitchy ass attitude. 

I already knew she was fucking with Cash from my alliance: my girls Journey and Breanna. I ain't even like the bitch before I found out she was Cash's baby mother. When I did find out, you better believe I was on her ass. I played like we were best friends just to get some shit on Cash. In reality, I still didn't like that bitch with her naive ass.

Journey and I was cool since day one. She was so desperate to have and keep a friend due to her being a 'nerd' that she'd do anything for me.. anything. She knew of Lanay but she never talked to her. But when I told her my plans towards Lanay, she was on board and planned on helping me. She was tore up from the muthafuckin' floor so I had to fix her up to help her blend in with others. I had to make sure she could easily spy on Lanay. Journey was cute with her brown eyes, light skin, long bergundy hair, and a nice shape- but I had to fix her up, a lot. You could basically say I made her.

Journey was truly my ride or die though. Once she was on board, she was the best spy I could've ever asked for. She even tapped into the school records and found Lanay's classes, changing hers to the same classes and schedule Lanay had. She would sit directly behind Lanay seeing everything she did: texting, writing, talking, and anything else she did. The bitch was dedicated. 

Now as for Cash, he was one fine ass nigga. Since I came to Texas I had my eye on him.  But once again, Lanay got lucky. Now instead of her taking something from me, I was taking something from her. And that was Cash.

I drove to Breanna's house because she called me and Journey over for some type of emergency. Whatever it was, it better had been Lanay/Cash related because I didn't care about anything else. I pulled into her drive way about 10 minutes later and turned the car off walking up to her house. I knocked on the door and she answered it. When I saw her, she looked like she just got jumped.

"Damn Bre, what happened?" I asked looking at her.

"Lanay happened." She told me, sounding angry. I looked at her in confusion and walked inside the house sitting on her brown leather sofa next to Journey.

"What you mean?" I inquired.

"I went to Cash house to drop my daughter off, and she was sitting on my couch making herself comfortable. Then this bitch had the audacity to talk to my daughter," Breanna told us as she paced the room. "I got mad and told Camille to take her ass upstairs before telling that bitch what was really good. I told her ass she was temporary, and she hit me so we got to it!" 

"What Cash do?" I asked, intrigued that Cash and Lanay was moving so face.

"He pulled her off of me and told me to dip, so I did. But he really miss me," She said, delusional as fuck. Dang, I thought I was crazy. This bitch knew Cash didn't want her no more nor was anything up in his house hers. "He let her stay there all night with my daughter!"

"That bitch is dead." Journey said seriously. They both was crazy as hell, thats why they were my girls. Lanay had no idea what was coming her way.