Signs (Preview) - Chapter 8

Lanay's POV-

I left my parent's house at 7'oclock with a smile on my face, glad that I spent my day with my parents. I walked in my apartment to see Jazmine, Jamie, and Renee sitting on the couch watching tv. As soon as I closed the door, all eyes were on me. They all crossed their arms under their breast simultaneously while looking me up and down.

"Hello." I said looking at them like they were crazy. 

" Mmmm." they all said. I looked at them again and limped into the kitchen. They jumped up and ran towards the kitchen.

"Bitch, you got fucked." Jazmine said making them nod in agreement. I shielded my face playfully, making them all get hype. 

"And you limping? Bitch, pull yourself together." Renee said, making us all laugh. 

"Y'all all in my shit!" I retorted with a smile on my face, getting some animal crackers and putting them on the counter. "I'm going to take a shower, but don't watch no movies without me. And don't eat my animal crackers!"

"Girl we been was eatin' them." Jamie said as I was walking to my room. I took my phone out of my pocket and threw it on my bed before I stripped, took my jewelry off, got my towel and body wash, and took a 20 minute shower.

When I came back, my phone was flashing indicating that I had a message. I picked it up and unlocked my phone, reading the message from an unknown number: Watch your back bitch. You getting yours real soon.

What the fuck? Somebody was playing on my fucking phone- Lord knows I hate that shit. I deleted the message, locked my phone back, and threw it back on my bed. If the person didn't have enough balls to state who they were, they were obviously scared of me and I didn't have time for scary bitches. Letting the threat roll off of me, I oiled myself down and put on some pajamas.

I walked in the living room to see these 3 bitches passing around my animal crackers, eating them. "Um, what the hell?!" I asked them with my hands on my hips. They looked at me but was still eating them.

"We share our snacks with you!" Renee claimed as I tried to snatch them out of her hand. We all started laughing and I sat on the couch next to them watching movies for the rest of night. 

 Monday Morning 

The morning went by quickly as I was at work taking calls for Darnell Richards- the most successful lawyer in Dallas. He was in a meeting at the time and he had beaucoup calls coming in. The calls always simmered down around lunchtime, giving me the perfect opportunity to put some food in my stomach. The phone rang just as I grabbed my purse and fixed my dress.

"Richards Law, how may I help you?" I answered, ready to go get a sandwich or something. "Bitch you thought I was done with you?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Who is this?" I asked suspiciously. Bitches wanted me out of my character so badly. 

"Don't worry about it. Just watch your back bitch. Oh, and you might wanna watch Cash too." The woman said, hanging up right in my ear. I looked at the phone in my hand and quickly hung it up.