Baby Mama Drama - Chapter 5

Once I got off work, I went straight to the hospital to check on Lamar. He was finally able to start eating solids again, so I bought him some soul food with a Caesar salad on the side. I stayed with my brother for a few hours until I was tired, then he urged me to go home since he was okay. As soon as I got in my car to pull off, Carter was calling my phone.

"You're persistent," I answered the call, grinning from ear to ear. He chuckled deeply before letting me know what was on his mind. "I can't stop thinkin' about you." My breathing got shaky all of a sudden, and I sunk a little deeper into my seat thinking about how soft his lips were. 

"I can't stop thinking about you either," I spoke softly. 

"Let me take you somewhere tonight, my treat." The man suggested. I shook my head from side to side. "Why you being so nice to me?" I blatantly asked him. He laughed into the phone, asking me what kind of question that was. 

"Am I supposed to be mean?" Carter asked. 

"I'm just saying, you treat every girl you meet like this?" He laughed again. I guess I was a comedian for real. 

"Nah, you'd be the first. I'on be out here courting these women." 

"Oh, this is what that is? This is some heavy courting, Carter." I couldn't help but laugh. 

"If it's too much for you, let me know." He said seriously. I stopped laughing and got silent, not knowing if it was too much or not. Shit, he practically paid my car note and he not even my man yet. How was I supposed to feel about that?

"I appreciate everything you've done so far, don't you think it's all a little too soon though?" He paused before answering me.

"Nah. I told you I got you, and I meant that." The phone call got silent as I thought about what to say next. "So, is that a yes to dinner?"

"Yes, Carter. What time should I be ready?"

*

As soon as I got home, I took my hair down and hopped in the shower to start getting myself together. I noticed I had a couple of little scratches on my face earlier from the Raggedy Tragedies, but I proceeded to get pretty for the night. After washing my hair, I combed it all back into a slick ponytail and fluffed out the length of my hair. Since I left Detroit, my hair was a lot thicker and a hell of a lot longer. We were almost at waist length with it, making me swing my large ponytail from side to side as I sung some K. Michelle. 

I laid out a black fitted dress with long sleeves, some thigh high boots, and a cute black purse to match. Once I got dressed, I put on some wispy lashes and applied some basic lip gloss to make my features pop. I heard my phone ring, and I instantly ran to pick it up. I sang some of the lyrics before I answered. "Hope you make the rest of my life, very special. Ooo whoa. Very special, ooo whoa. Alll niight." 

"Damn, and you talented?" Carter's deep voice said over the phone. I jumped, I didn't know I answered the call. 

"Thank you." I said giggling nervously. "Where you at?"

"I'm out front."

"Ok, I'll be right out." I said hanging up and grabbing my keys and purse. I made sure that the house was clean before I left out since I was the only one there and double locked the front door. As I got on the elevator, those butterflies came back to tear me up. 

I walked out to see him standing outside on his Phone on a red Lambo. The light from his phone was making his face glow, making me stare all in his shit. He was so enticing. I shook my head to snap me out of my daze and he noticed me. He looked me over from head to toe, licking his lips and smiling. I blushed and walked over to the car so he could let me in. He leaned over and our lips met, making me feel mad warm. We pulled away and I sunk comfortably into his black leather seat. His car smelled just like him and I was loving it. I could see him looking over my body biting his bottom lip out of my peripheral.