1. Starting Over

*In the midst of editing & revising*

I walked around with my head held high admiring the beautiful campus. Kallamore University was definitely my door to a fresh start. Coming to Texas was the best thing I could ever do for myself since Detroit didn't have shit for me. It was drama and inconvenience every time I turned around- I could never get a break. When I finally got an acceptance letter from Kallamore University for my last two years of college, I packed my bags that same day. Now I'm here a month later, beginning a new life. 

I was one of the baddest bitches from D-town; light brown eyes, tiny waist, naturally full hips and ass, and I stayed fly. I had my own little red BMW that I paid for every month, my grades remained above a B average every semester, and I stayed out the mix. But if it came down to it, I definitely was known to do some damage. These Texans wasn't gonna find out that part of me though. I didn't plan on getting close to anybody. Especially not these men.

Another reason I moved from Detroit was because my heart was ripped out of my chest. My ex-boyfriend, Eman, was the only man I ever truly loved other than my daddy and my brother. He treated me like gold.. or so I thought. We met when we were seventeen and both working at a sneaker store in a mall back in Detroit. For the first two years of our relationship, we were happy as fuck. We stayed all over each other when given the chance and we went to war with anybody over each other. But towards the last year, I found myself crying endlessly for God knows how long.

On the last year of our relationship, everything went sour. He became more and more distant each day, and we started to argue more. My gut kept telling me he was falling out of love with me and that we needed to work through our differences, but I was too scared to face that truth. On the last day of our relationship, the truth revealed itself to me.

As I was coming in from work, I heard distant moans coming from Eman's bedroom. I assumed nobody else was here except Eman from the lack of his family members' cars outside, but I was sadly mistaken once I heard another woman's voice moan his name. 

"Mmm, fuck me E," I heard a familiar voice shout in ecstasy. It was way too familiar. I ran to his room and busted the door open in a rage. My blood instantly started boiling when I saw Eman and my cousin Jamila in his bed. 

I ran over to them and socked Eman dead in his nose. I heard a cracking sound as he jolted back- I didn't give a fuck though. I then yanked Jamila by her hair and dragged her onto the floor.  I kicked her in her head a couple of times feeling purely betrayed. The bitch smiled in my face everyday like she really gave a fuck about me, yet whole time she was only getting close to me for a nigga. They had the wrong bitch. I let her lay on the floor and I started to grab all of my shit out of his closet while he quickly slid on his boxers to try to get to me.

"Lanay I-" 

"Fuck you!" I shouted before I started throwing my stuff out into the hallway. He grabbed my hands and I started kicking him with my Timbs.

"Get the fuck off me!" He ate all of those kicks and tried to stop me from getting the last of my things. He smelled like a sewer rat and his nose was dripping with blood. He disgusted me at this point- there was no need for a discussion. I wanted to leave as soon as possible. I kicked him a couple more times before he finally let me go to shield his abdomen. I grabbed the last of my things and went into his kitchen to grab a trash bag. Everything was quickly stuffed into the large trash bag and I walked back out to my car. I threw the bag in the trunk and ran to the driver's side, ready to go home and be away from the both of them.

 About a month later before my junior year of college, Jamila announced to the family that she was pregnant and that Eman was the father. My heart shattered into a billion pieces. That was the last straw. It was bad enough that I constantly was in a battle with my managers at my job, living check to check, fighting with my relatives, and becoming more overwhelmed with school- now my lover and my cousin were having a baby? I hopped on the plane to Texas after I received my acceptance letter and planned to never look back.