Signs - Chapter 9 (cont.)

I walked into the parking lot and  to my car, watching all of my surroundings just in case somebody tried to pop out on me. I walked to my car fixing my red and black maxi dress and  clicking my hard bottomed sandals on the pavement. I dug my keys out of my purse and unlocked my car.

Once I got in, I looked directly in front of me to see a black Nissan directly across the lot from me. I squinted my eyes so I could get a clear view of the person in it. I saw a woman with black sun glasses on, her burgundy hair was in a tight bun, she wore a black tee and she was facing directly across the lot at... me. I didn't recognize her but she drove off as soon as I looked at her. The fuck was she looking at me for? I shook it off and drove to the nearest fast food place while calling my girls to come have lunch with me. I didn't feel comfortable being alone.

"So what she look like?" Renee asked me while we were eating our salad. They came in 10 minutes after I called them about the girl in the car.

"I couldn't see her face, but she had burgundy hair, she was light skinned, she was wearing all black and she was in a black Nissan." I said tapping my nails on the table nervously.

"The only girl I know that sound like that is that girl Jessica. Some shit like that." Jamie said sounding unsure. I had a glimpse of her once before, but I didn't really see her face and what she truly looked like. I just knew she had reddish hair.

"Well, what the fuck could she want with me? I ain't do nothing to that girl." I responded, now picking through my salad. The only people I had to fuck up lately was that meatloaf hoe in the parking lot and Breanna. Always fighting somebody over Carter's ass.

"I don't know, she probably jealous or somethin'." Renee said. I shrugged and continued picking at my salad, then I noticed the black Nissan outside of the restaurant. I threw my salad away and grabbed my bag, ready to go confront this psycho.

"Lanay, what 'chu 'bout to do?" Jamie inquired as they all stood up.

"You mean what we 'bout to do?" Jazmine spoke up. "Oh, we 'bout to confront this bitch and see what the problem is." She continued. That's my bitch, I thought referring to Jazmine.

"Nigga, we got'ta go back to work." Renee said in a 'duh' tone, Jamie and I agreeing with her. But at the same time, my blood was boiling and I was ready to see what was up.

"Nigga," Jazmine started, mocking Renee. "We are going to work.. on 'dat ass!" Jazmine said with her rowdy ass. I gathered their attention and showed them the car, and Jaz took off running towards it. I followed behind her, regretting the fact that I had hard sandals. 

Jamie and Renee were running behind us too, but the car immediately pulled off, hauling ass out of the parking lot. 

Journey

Shit, she saw me! So did her friends. They even ran towards my car, ready to attack. I couldn't tell Jamia any of that. I knew she would be mad as shit. She wanted revenge on Lanay so bad, she'd probably kill to get what she wanted. I knew she wanted to get Lanay back for a long time, so she'd go crazy if anyone messed it up. Especially me or Breanna. 

When Breanna told us about her and Lanay, we really got on her ass. We could see from the bumps and bruises on Breanna that Lanay obviously cared about Cash and she'd go hard for him. We knew for a fact we had to get Cash away from her, or even turn on her. I offered to focus on Cash, but Jamia insisted on us letting her do it. She did welcome me in like I was family, so I didn't care what assignment she game me- I was all in. I never knew why she was so generous but I'd probably be a fool to question. Whatever the reason, I was grateful.