Chapter 41

The rest of the ship ride was Percy resting. Every movement hurt and the hours melded together.
    Percy didn't really mind. He had nothing to do and he had eaten the day before. It wasn't that bad, his hunger.
  Packing and getting off the ship was the hard part. Percy could barely bend down so Turin packed up for him.
    "Thanks." Turin nodded in silent response and the villagers shuffled off of the ship. Hiccup saw Percy and Turin as they came off.
    Hiccup patted Percy on the back, unaware of his deal with Loki. Percy fell down on his hands and knees, breathing heavily once more.
    Turin helped him up and looked at Hiccup. "Not now," he mouthed. Hiccup nodded.
     The villagers who had not gone if expedition gave out great cries of joy when they saw their husbands, children, parents come back from imprisonment.
    Percy paid no heed to time. The hours of partying did not cease until the next sunrise.
    Percy did not join into the partying, he was too sore. He stared up at the ceiling of his hut all night.
    Snaps stable gouged a hole in Percy's heart. It was so empty. The cabin seemed eerily silent. Never until now had Percy appreciated the soft sound of his dragons breathe when he slept.
    Eventually Percy had no choice but to let sleep envelop him. He woke up mid afternoon. Nobody had come in to get him. A knock sounded on his door. Percy got up and answered. It was Turin.
    Turin gave a little wave. "Hello. Can I come in"? Percy nodded then turned around and sat back down in his bed.
Turin turned around a dining table and sat in it. "Do you need anything?" Turin eventually asked.
"Water," croaked Percy. He hadn't spoken for many hours and his voice was hoarse, his threat was sore.
Turin gave a curt nod and walked over to the kitchen. He got an orange, some jerky, and water. It was a strange combination but Percy needed every bit of it.
Percy accepted the food gratefully. He chugged the water and ravenously ate the jerky and orange. "Thank you so much." His voice was closer to its normal self now. "Was there a reason you came."
"Yeah.." Turin started slowly. "I..I just wanted to hang out with you a little more. Loki thought that making a prophecy would be fun to watch us mortals but now he's struggling to get the strength to send you back. He'll probably be ready by tomorrow..and that doesn't seem like enough time anymore."
Percy understood. "I'll really miss you man..when we're done here do you want to go fishing? Like the days when I first got here and he just hung out with no worries.." Percy knew he had only been there a month but everything had happened so quickly and he and Turin were now close.
Turin nodded. "I'll..run over to my house and get my fishing gear." Percy nodded and without another word Turin ran down to his house.
The thought of leaving made Percy happy and sad at the same time. He would be reckoned with his old friends and family but leave his new ones. Devyn was becoming some sort of adoptive mother the way she used to care for Percy.
Percy sighed. He knew he had to go hut he didn't want to. Before he knew it Turin was walking back in the door. Percy nodded to him and grabbed his own rod from the wall.
"Ready?" He asked as he grabbed the bait, a little tin of worms.
"Ready," agreed Turin.
Percy looked around. "Where's Dumaad? I thought he might like to come."
"He's going through another growth spurt." explained Turin. Percy seemed slightly confused. "Most dragons are really cranky when they get theirs."
"Snap never did that." said Percy. Why do all of my thoughts have to wrap back to him? Percy thought bitterly.
Turin shrugged. "You're lucky, I guess."
Percy held his tongue. Losing your dragon and best friend is not lucky. He knew Turin didn't mean any harm, though.
The two walked the rest of the way down to the beach talking about Turin's stormcutter.