Chapter 45

Dinner was a good time. The cabin-table rules were ignored. Everybody who got their early sat at the Poseidon table. The dining pavilion was full of happy voices and full stomachs.
Kids came up to Percy and made some comments.
"We've got to play Mario Cart together sometime!"
"Want to go canoeing later?"
Percy chatted with everybody else and gladly told them what happened while he was gone, still excluding Turin.
The Hall seemed to shush as Percy told them about the trapped people and when Snap died.
Percy didn't have much time to go on with his story after he got to the part where they were back to Berk. It was time for the campfire.
Today the campfire was blazing orange and yellow showing the campers were excited and happy. Everybody sang together about how Grandma puts her armour on.
Later that night they all returned to their cabins. Annabeth went with Percy into his cabin. Chiron saw but did not seem to care. He smiled and returned to the Big House.
Percy and Annabeth stayed up late just talking.
"You haven't been telling me something," said Annabeth softly. She and Percy were laying on opposite sides of the bed facing each other.
"Yeah..." he trailed off.
"Well what is it?" Annabeth's voice was smooth and convincing all the while genuinely concerned.
"There was this friend I made at Berk. His name was Turin. I was with him the whole time and we did everything together. He made me feel like I belonged." Percy broke his eye contact with Annabeth. "It really hurt us both when I had to leave. And I didn't even get to give him a proper goodbye."
Annabeth used the arm she wasn't laying on and hugged Percy. "It's fine, Percy, its fine. Maybe some kids from the Hypnos Cabin could even have you two join dreams."
Those words comforted Percy. "Yeah. Maybe." His voice was tired. He yawned.
Annabeth watched him and they sat in silence for a few minutes. Then she spoke up. "Percy..about those illusions in the cave. You know they weren't us right? We would never do that to you."
    Percy gave a muffled mhm. He was half asleep, but still listening.
    "Turn over," Annabeth ordered. Percy obeyed. Annabeth ran her hand over the quickly healing dagger wound on his back.
    "Yknow," she started off, staring into space. "I used to miss that dagger. Now, not so much."
    Annabeth sat cross-legged on the outer side of the bed. Percy lay on the other with his hand under his head watching Annabeth, admiring her.
    Percy reached out and held her hand. Annabeth squeezed it gently. "I missed you Wise Girl." He commented.
    "I missed you too, Seaweed Brain." She gave him a light smile. Percy smiled back.
    "We've got to do something tomorrow," said Percy as Annabeth settled back down in the covers. "Like go out for dinner or maybe even just canoeing on the lake. I want to do something with everybody, but you're top priority."
     Annabeth nodded. She was half asleep now and Percy was the one who was awake.
    "I think we should have lunch and then go get gelato. Maybe I could take everybody for lunch, then we could branch off."
    "That sounds nice," mumbled Annabeth sleepily.
    Percy kept talking softly about what they could do tomorrow. He rubbed Annabeth's arm.
    "Love you."
     "Love you too," came her muffled response.
     "Goodnight."
     "Goodnight."
    Percy smiled and readjusted the blankets. He watched Annabeth a moment longer.
    You drool when you sleep.