Chapter 9

Percy woke up to a poke in the face. "What the..." He opened his eyes to see a grey snout in his face. "What the heck?!" He scrambled back. "Why do you this to me?!" He yelled at his new companion.
    Snapstorm seemed unaffected by this comment. He clawed at the door leaving little but long scratches.
    Percy shot out of bed and pulled away the dragon. "Hey! Don't do that I don't know if I have to pay rent or not!" The grey and blue dragon had grown a small bit over the night, he was maybe as big as an ordinary pillow. Along with his growth spurt he had gained some pounds.
    Percy tried to pick up the dragon and restrain him while he changed. He was unable to. "Stupid..fat reptile.." Percy was flung backwards. He pointed to the corner. "Go." His voice was stern and clearly agitated.
    He changed into what he guessed the Vikings called a t-shirt and jeans. A chain tunic, brown leggings, and boots. Percy felt insecure. Modern world people would have judged him. He threw on a thin woven black cape, disguising most of the outfit. He hooked up Snapstorm to a lead and opened the door.
    Snap rushed out and did his business right next to the hut. "Gross man." commented Percy. The dragon looked back at his new "owner". His eyes were somewhat pleading
    "Are you hungry or something?" Percy didn't have a pet so he didn't know when and what to feed it. The dragon snapped its jaws in the air. "I'll take that as a yes."
    The two walked down into the town. Percy got no strange looks but Snap did. When Percy noticed he walked a little bit faster. They arrived at a fish shop quickly. "Uh hi." He waved at the shop owner.
    The shop owner looked worried. "Yes?" He was obviously trying to look normal and relaxed but was failed.
    "This isn't really what I came here for, but why are you and everybody else scared of my dragon?"
    The shop owner bit his lip. "I'm not really allowed to tell you."
    "Why not?"
    "My dad won't let me." When Percy took a closer look, he noticed the kid was actually around his age, if not slightly younger. He had a strange brown almost orange tinted mop of hair and wore some sort of iron sleeve almost all along his arms and they strapped in big X's on his front and back. He too wore brown boots, his tunic was like a reverse V-neck, cutting up into it and making it slightly revealing. Or more, it would have been revealing if he wasn't wearing a black undershirt. He had a bow strapped to his back.
    Percy pondered that. "Then can I speak to your dad?"
    "I guess? Wait aren't you that new guy? Tons of gossip about you."
    Percy sat down on a barrel. "Like what?"
    The kid seemed sort of excited to have someone to talk to. "Oh, loads of stuff. Some say you're here to defeat the raiders. Some other people just think you're a waste of space, some think you're here to help us find out what the big mysterious mountain is. Doesn't sound like much but it's creepy."
    Percy lost his breathe as Snap sat on his lap. "Say, what's your name?"
    "My names Turin. What's yours? It's nice to meet you by the way, it's an honor by the way."
   "Mines Percy. Why's it an honor?"
    "Ah, just reasons. Anyways you came here for fish right?"