Chapter 33

The others seemed to get mad. Their faces turned angry and they drew weapons. Hazel did not call upon Arion, which confused Percy. Turin was fending off Frank and Hazel but could not attack, only keep himself decently safe. He growled as he receiver a slash on the arm. Snap was against Leo, Dumaad was fighting Nico.
    Piper was swinging her dagger at Hiccup. She did not try and use her charmspeak while fighting, which again, confused Percy.
    That left Annabeth and Percy. They circled each other, weapons in hand. "I don't want to do this.." he whispered to her.
    "Neither do I.." After a moment of silence, Annabeth lunged. Her dagger only caught the edge of Percy's hoodie. It created a small tear in the purple fabric.
    Riptide gleamed in Percy's hand. He tried to glint some of the torches light into Annabeth's eyes. She, however, saw what he was going to do.
    Annabeth brought her dagger down upon Percy's blade. A dangerous thing to do, for had she done it wrong, she could have lost her weapon. "Really, Seaweed Brain?"
    Percy let out a faint smile. "Really, Wise Girl." The daughter of Athena let out a huff of frustration.
    They fought for a long time. One would deliver a blow but the other one would parry it. Annabeth had to be very careful when doing so. One wrong move and she might lose a finger or hand.
    About halfway through Percy managed to cut one of Annabeths fingers. It bled profusely and she was forced to fight with her left hand.
    For the others it was a fight to win. It was a fight to the death. But Percy did not want to kill Annabeth, nor did Annabeth want to kill Percy. They hardly even wanted to hurt the other one no matter what the injury.
    Annabeth yelped when Percy sliced Annabeths finger with Riptide. Guilt swamped over him.
She switched her dagger to her left hand. The cut on her right ring finger slightly burned. Styx, Percy thought. I almost forgot celestial bronze could make that happen! From then on he was very careful not to get even touched by her dagger.
Annabeth tried the cheap trick Percy had tried in the beginning. It was a desperate move.
Annabeth moved and angled her dagger towards Percy's eyes. The light from the torches struck them directly and he doubled over covering his eyes.
Annabeth took this and stabbed at Percy. He lifted Riptide and forced her into surrender, sword against her neck.
"I didn't want to fight you." He whispered sadly.
"Neither did I." Annabeth said in return. Percy let her up and she opened her arms in a hug. Percy accepted. He enjoyed the warmth of her. He felt something in his back. He saw Annabeth step away and back.
"Rule one of combat training. Never, EVER, trust your enemy." He saw something hit Annabeth and she fell over.
Percy saw a red stream trickling from her mouth before all went black.