Chapter 36

Hiccup pointed down the beach. Percy nodded in thanks and jogged down. He was going as fast as he could without hurting his back anymore. As far as he knew, it hasn't started smoking, and he wanted to keep it that way.
    Percy saw that Vikings were all around this part of the beach. It must have been the main infirmary. Vikings were on one side and dragons on the other.
Snap was easy to find. There were many medics around him. Even after how long Percy had been passed out. Percy rushed forward, shoving Vikings out of the way.
"Snap?" The dragon weakly lifted his head. There were many scars along his muzzle and a deep one, probably from a broadsword, across his eye. It was swollen shut.
Percy held back the urge to throw up. He gingerly put his hand on Snaps shoulder. "You'll get better..I promise."
The dragon only set his head back down in response. Tears filled Percy's eyes. He couldn't cry though, not now, not with all these eyes burning into the back of his head.
Slightly angry, Percy told the other Vikings to go away. He did his best to be gentle but it came out harsh and snappy. "We want to be left alone." He barked.
Everybody backed away. Percy wanted some privacy but there were no curtains to pull around them. He sighed and sat next to his dragon. He wanted to lean on him but was too afraid to injure him further.
Snap lifted his scarred paw and rested it on Percy's lap. Percy felt his heart sink. He knew it had been strenuous enough just to do that. He stroked it, whispering,
"You'll be okay..you'll be okay." He barely knew who he was talking to, the dragon or himself. Percy bit his lip.
He spent many more hours with Snap, just the dragons paw in his lap. He didn't want to move. All it would do is make Snap more uncomfortable. Percy patted his snout gently. The dragon let twin puffs of smoke twirl into the air. Sadness and anger tore at Percy. This was Loki's fault. If he wasn't a god, he wouldn't live to see tomorrow.

It isn't that long, sorry. I'm trying to wrap up the book. Tell me if there's anything I haven't covered when I finish please.